Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Picked up a nice 39a today

7K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  jkingrph 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to some local large yard sales and I bought a really nice 1980 39a. It had a scope on it with a nice leather target sling. I took the scope off and shot it. It would not eject or rechamber the next load. I took it down and gave it a good cleaning and now it seems to be fine except it is hard to close the bolt at times. The bolt stiffens up at about 80% closed and with some force will close. Is this normal and need to just shoot it or do I need to repair it. The gun appears to have been fired very little.

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
Not caring for the super shiney finish on those scopes, I told the dealer when buying my last Mountie, that I did not want the scope that was on it. I got the rifle home and fixed up an old Weaver K3 . I put it in a set of Leupold qd mounts with an adapter for the Marlin tip off mount, looks great and using high rings I have my Lyman 66 receiver sight tucked under the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.