Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Gun show trade - Marlin 56 Levermatic

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  bangbang 
#1 · (Edited)
I made a trade at a local gun show this weekend and brought home this Marlin 56 and Marlin 25M. The seller was asking $395 for the LeverMatic and $295 for the 22mag, both in very good condition.
I wasn't able to spend that much, so I asked if he would consider a trade. To my surprise, he needed some inexpensive guns that he could turn over quickly.
I wound up trading a couple of Glenfield model 60s (that I had $190 in) and 2 Sears .22lr rifles ($160) for the model 56 and a 9mm Stoeger Cougar ($220) for the model 25M.

Marlin 56

Marlin 25M

See less See more
#9 ·
Thought I would go ahead and thank y'all for your comments, since I will be out of pocket tomorrow. Bigdog, you do have a great collection of Levermatics.

It was a good trade for both of us. The seller's had the Levermatic at other shows, and now he should have no trouble getting his money back. Rimfires in good condition don’t last long at these shows, and he was confident he would get $350 for the Stoeger, which had the original box, carrying case, paperwork, two magazines and only a box of rounds through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.