Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1966 39A Golden Mountie followed me home

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cub308 
#1 ·
Guy's went to the LGS today to pay for a Browning BL-22 that I ordered and due in tomorrow. While I was there I saw an old Marlin sitting in the rack. It was a 39A Golden Mountie made in 1966. Only thing wrong with the rifle is the Bullseye is out of the stock (all ready on order) and one dent approx. an inch long on the fore grip.

I have a 1955 Mountie already but tis one unlike my 55 model is drilled and tapped from the factory. I already have an original Marlin scope rail that will go on it, just need to find the screws for the rail. Then I think a Red Dot or a scope would be really nice on this one. My 55 has Williams peeps on it. This 1966 even had the sight hood on it. Really good shape. My buddy at the gun shop said a guy's brother died and he did not want the rifle. So he sold it to the shop. My luck not cheap but not to bad $525 out the door, well worth it to me.

Pictures to come.

#6 ·
Gobblerk5,
Good Luck tomorrow. I would not wait around, usually these things go pretty quick. I have seen several people not purchase because they thought the price was to high by a little bit. They ask on this forum about the price, when they realize it wasn't that bad and they go back to buy it. Never fails it's gone.

I would say the same about procrastinating.

#8 ·
Definitely will. I put the Marlin rimfire scope rail on it tonight after work. It is the 3/8" grooved rail. It fits tight to the receiver and just hugs the front raise on the receiver. Rail is about 3/4" longer on the front of the receiver. Should be perfect for the Red Dot I ordered for it tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.