Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Harris's Hawk

908 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  RugerRifle_1022 
#1 ·
I have been a wildlife photographer for many years and was surprised to run into this section of the Rimfirecentral site. It has been around 30 years since I last did any shooting but recently picked up a couple of guns for a little fun.

This is a shot of a juvenile harris's hawk trying out it's wings before first actual flights from the nest. Shot details: Nikon D5, Nikon 500mm F4 with 1.7TC for 850mm. Set up on a tripod with gimbal head. Taken at F/6.7, 1/2500 sec., ISO-500 with no exposure compensation.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I have been a wildlife photographer for many years and was surprised to run into this section of the Rimfirecentral site. It has been around 30 years since I last did any shooting but recently picked up a couple of guns for a little fun.

This is a shot of a juvenile harris's hawk trying out it's wings before first actual flights from the nest. Shot details: Nikon D5, Nikon 500mm F4 with 1.7TC for 850mm. Set up on a tripod with gimbal head. Taken at F/6.7, 1/2500 sec., ISO-500 with no exposure compensation.
trapping season is a month away. if you have a falconry license he could be yours

#7 ·
I like that photo nice job

You made my day I love to watch the Hawks and other Birds of prey here in South Carolina they are awesome and majestic creatures. I was night hunting with night vision and seen an owl swoop down and take a rat while I was watching a corn pile set out for feral Hogs. He returned to the tree nest and I could see he was feeding the female owl sitting on the eggs. A few days after that I saw and could hear the little ones that hatched out. My tree stand was only about 50 yards away so I have observed them all summer long they both are big now but the four are still at the nest in the old dead tree.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.