Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
savage92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Opinions On Smoking

I was just interested in what everyone's opinion is for smoking on here. Couldn't make a poll for whatever reason though.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:33 PM
danoh
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
Smokin' gun barrels . . . love 'em!

Seriously though, I'm trying my best to quit this stinking, expensive habit. Heck, one pack of cigarettes will buy me a box of Eley 17M2. That should be motivation enough right there!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:36 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Where it's legal, it's none of my business what others put into their body as long as I don't have to breathe it too.

I don't smoke because I don't want to and I believe it increases the risk of various diseases. Note - increasing risk is not the same as causality! That's my opinion and I only share it here because I was asked. I don't offer that opinion to anyone unless asked, and I've never had a smoker ask me.
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
oscar

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
smoked for 18 years!!!! sucks!!!! just quit sucked!!! wasted sooo much money sucks!!! not good for people and am glad i was able to stop 6 months ago
Old 02-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's killed a number of relatives of mine and several good friends.

It's GOING TO kill my brother, his wife, and some other good friends.

It kills more people each DAY than the attacks of 9/11, yet we do not have the will to declare war on the tobacco company executives.

It costs our country more than the attacks of 9/11 every year. And yet...

It smells really REALLY bad so I will NOT eat or spend time in places where it's allowed. I don't like needing to take a shower and put all of my clothes directly into the wash after being around it or waking up the next day and actually smelling it on MY breath just from being in a room with it for a few hours.

I respect everyone's rights to do what they want when it does not harm anyone else. But I find the choice to smoke absolutely incomprehensible.

Nobody I know who does it says that it gets them high. And yet, it's addictive as all get out and they can't quit.

What a wonderful product!

I want to be able to legally sell a product that has no value, does no good, doesn't cost much at all to produce, yet sells for quite a bit of money, and best of all, is addictive so that my customers have no choice but to buy it and which they initially get hooked on simply because it "looks cool" or they want to fit in with the hip crowd.

But even if I found such a product and thought about selling it, I'd be hard pressed to bring myself to do it if it killed people or caused the enormous pain, suffering, and economic loss that tobacco does.

How DO those people sleep at night? What a racket!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I miss my pipes, but the sawbones said it would kill me if I kept smoking them. So, I quit about three years ago and now I'm morbidly obese. What's the diff, dead is dead. BTW, pipes and some cigars are aromatic. Cigarettes on the other hand produce a noxious fume.

Any other questions?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 PM
danoh

TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
Have you been this grumpy since you quit?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoh View Post
Have you been this grumpy since you quit?
Seriously, I know where they are along with unopened bags of 'baccky. If I've gone this long, what's the point of starting up again. Pass the chips, candy bars, peanuts, crawdads, etc...., please.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
oldblinddog
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quit 10 years ago. Wish I had never started (for the whole time I smoked). Tobacco is a noxious weed that should be illegal to possess.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
danoh

TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
Just funnin' ya, Oldgringo. Hang in there.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Alecbh

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Can't stand it. That doesn't mean I'm going to judge someone for it, but I for one cannot stand the practice, and I'll never try it. My father smoked/smokes, and I always asked him to quit, even before I should have known anything about smoking. Several people close to me either smoke, or have smoked. I can't stand the smell, and one group I WILL judge for it is the companies and executives. The SOBs are making money by KILLING PEOPLE. I have a few ideas on what could be done to them....
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 PM
JEE

TPC Rating: 
100% (67)
I quit 8 years ago after 16 years of smoking... I wish that I had never started.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Ray Horne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smoking killed my Dad and Mom. It's killing my sister. It's both nasty and distructive. It is a National Health Menace, but can't be stopped. I have never smoked and can not stand to be in an enclosed space with someone smoking.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Spike52
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quit.
-S
Old 02-27-2010, 10:15 PM
bagdadjoe
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's what I hate the most. Not only the noxious smoke but the attitude of (most) smokers...that is, that they should be able to smoke anywhere at anytime and their "right to smoke" should not be infringed upon. Thankfully, there has been a smoking ban put into effect in most of the larger cities nearby. I'll drive 40-50 miles to eat where there is no smoking allowed in the restaraunt. Isn't smoking an outdoor activity? What's the deal with smokers throwing their butts out everywhere? Anywhere you go, and I mean anywhere, there lays the mess discarded by the addicts. Pull up to a stop light and glance out. Hundreds of cigarette butts.....hundreds. What's the deal with the "door hovering"? Smokers are attracted by opening doors. They get as close as they can to wherever you have to walk in and out. The stench is nauseating.
Like I said, I hate it. Father, dead, cancer. Brother, dead, cancer. Mother, dead, emphysema/pneumonia. Aunt, emphesema, hopelessly addicted.
I could go on and on....but I'll spare you the venom.