Going in to be evaluated for cataract surgery tomorrow - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Time for my eye appointment. Like everyone else I have age related cataracts and hopefully it is not too bad. Born blind in my left eye so for me a botched surgery is a great concern.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:29 AM
adamr19745

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wish u luck. I have a smidge myself doc keeps an eye on it

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2018, 06:28 PM
chillypepper
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
wish you the best. I need mine done as well. I can't see... yet looking forward to anything that is progress.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got my first pair of glasses when I was 10, so wore them for about 50 years.

I've had both eyes done with a long-distance lens in the right and a midrange lens in the left.
Everything from arm's length and farther is in focus.

Now 95% of the time I don't wear glasses. Need them for reading and they help a little with driving but otherwise no glasses.

It's amazing to me that at this age I probably have the best vision I've ever had.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:33 AM
farrlarr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Make sure you check out the latest lenses. They are much better than the ones they gave me quite a few years ago. I wish I could get them redone. I asked but they would not redo them.
I have just had an evaluation for cataract surgery and learned that the toric lenses aren't paid for by Medicare or my supplemental insurance plan. That will add $700/lens if the upcoming measurements of my eyes indicate I am a candidate for using those lenses. It is probably worth it so I will probably choose that option if I am a candidate.

My first surgery is scheduled for Nov. 13.

"A man has to know his limitations."
Old 11-04-2018, 05:16 PM
shirtz1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like most here, I just accepted that I wasn't as young as I once was. One long night drive convinced me to have my eyes checked out. Sure enough, the left eye was virtually blind. The doc told me the other (my good eye???) wasn't far behind. Being the coward I am, I agreed to get the left eye done. No sweat, 2-3 hours in the OR, wearing dark glasses for a day, and I was amazed. Such a change. A few weeks later, when I discovered my right eye was 100 times worse than I thought. Re-scheduled and got the right done.
What a difference. Wear specs only to read fine print.
Don't hesitate to get 'em done. It's less trouble than people can tell you. Coming from a real coward who avoids doctors like the plague.

Now, I'm scheduled for surgery to remove a cancerous bladder next week. Now that has me worried. Life's about to change. But faith in my oncologist has me satisfied.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck Shirtz.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:36 AM
sandkicker
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You have to be careful who does the procedure for you. I had mine done (both eyes a month apart) at the WILLS Eye hospital in Philly. It was a long drive but worth it. No side effects at all. Two months ago I ran into a colleague who had his "local" eye doctor do it. Two weeks later and his eye still looked a mess and he had "issues". My general medical advice.... GO to the BEST facility for your problem you can get to... not the most convenient.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:20 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Good luck to all! My doc says she can see very early beginnings of cataracts in my eyes too. Its good to hear all of the positive comments about the surgery. The thought of it kind of freaks me out though.