Anybody get migraines? How do you deal with them - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:56 AM
adamr19745

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I take propranolol for mine. I would get atleast 1 a week now when i do get them its easier to deal with by taking motrin. Propranolol is a blood pressure med but at a low dose doesn't affect your blood pressure i take 10 milligrams

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Mr GAP
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
I work with a few people who appear to have had that treatment.... Paralyzed from the neck up, lol.
i think I know some of the same people. I now have less wrinkles , but the migraines are not much better.

One a lighter note. Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RTD7250II

Last edited by Mr GAP; 10-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:50 AM
Mr GAP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr19745 View Post
I take propranolol for mine. I would get atleast 1 a week now when i do get them its easier to deal with by taking motrin. Propranolol is a blood pressure med but at a low dose doesn't affect your blood pressure i take 10 milligrams

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk
I`v taken various blood pressure medication for migraines and they have helped, but those meds slow the heart down. When I take these it makes me feel like I cant breathe after just walking up from the basement which is about 13 steps.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Mr GAP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have heard that the VA may be offering Amiovig in the near future.
As soon as they do I`ll be trying it.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:41 AM
Tasker21
US Air Force Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Ive had one for four days now Tylenol keeps them at bay for a couple of hours anything better?
I have had them all my life, so I know what you are going thru...I tried all the prescription meds and none worked except Fiorinal...Doctor taught me to recognize pre-migraine symptoms and take the medicine before it hit. Doesn't get rid of migraine, just subdues the pain to a tolerable level...still am bothered by bright light and the sound of flies stomping along on the wall...lol
Good luck in finding a med that works for you.
T21
Old 10-17-2018, 06:13 AM
Mr GAP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Ive had one for four days now Tylenol keeps them at bay for a couple of hours anything better?
Another drug for migraine is Midrin.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Both wife and I suffered migraines in the 80s and flight surgeon tried hard to help us out

Eventually what worked.... anger and stress management classes and an active motivation on our part to pay attention and believe the trainer

Mine usually were managed OK with drugs... but I recovered faster with the training and the drugs and LOTS of WATER...super hydration seems to help

Wife actually got admitted to the ER 4 different times...my belief is as a Staff Sergeant at the time-- in a predominately male unit ---she had more pressure to succeed...

She retired a decade later as a CSM in 6th Air Calvary Brigade...

Few here will understand that significance.... My lady was High speed Low drag Saber Warrior in a unit that actually had male dick fights in the club....

I do not claim ALL Migraines are STRESS ====but in both our cases ...removing or managing the STRESS helped a lot better than drugs did
Old 10-17-2018, 10:25 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've occasionally had them come on during stressful situations, but there really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why mine happen.

Today I was shooting with two buddies on a private range that we had all to ourselves. We were just having fun, talking and shooting. Then I get a migraine.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:53 AM
captainkirk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
I've occasionally had them come on during stressful situations, but there really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why mine happen.

Today I was shooting with two buddies on a private range that we had all to ourselves. We were just having fun, talking and shooting. Then I get a migraine.
I have often had them appear just after a stressful situation has passed, maybe the next day or so.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:20 AM
52D
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife is has now been using Aimovig for 60 days now. It is the life changing drug we had been hoping for. 60 days with no major headache. Definitely a new record for us, in 23 years.

It might not work for all migraine sufferer's but for those with the type it treats, it is a real game changer. It comes by UPS in a box with ice packs, as it must be kept below 50 deg. before injection.

I recommend that anyone with migraine head aches check with you Doctors about the possibility of trial with Aimovig.

Best regards, Kirk
Old 10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
lizardtrack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great thread, I've had only one or two headaches that I remember and if they lasted more than 2 or 3 minutes I would get concerned. This thread just reminded of lucky I have been with my health and to not take it for granted. Sometimes it takes a thread like this to put things in perspective. Health and healing to all.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 AM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One of my co-workers used to suffer from them quite a bit.

He figured out that if he went vegetarian, they went away. Now he's working on re-introducing various meats to find exactly which one(s) triggered the brain pain.