Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:30 PM
northener
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

The T-bolt is my favorite sporter, a lot to like about this rifle.

It's my go to rifle for free hand, rodent/unwanted birds/rabbits etc. it just plain gets it done, day in day out.

Pleasure to carry too!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
CB900F
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fella's;

I'm hoping that there's an update I didn't see on a fix for the T-bolt trigger. I've got a T/V in .22 magnum that's not seeing the use it should because of the horrible trigger.

900F
Old 10-07-2013, 05:18 PM
swany66675

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Browning T-bolt in 22lr and I make pretty little groups right where the crosshairs meet. The targets are at 50yards and dimes are actual size was just dialing in a new scope.

I would love a new trigger for this if an aftermarket was to come out.
I make groups like this all day with Remington yellow jackets or federal game shok. I know some guns are more accurate but a squirrel can't tell.

Last edited by swany66675; 10-07-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 PM
don5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Swany- That is a good group. I just shot my new/used black stocked sporter and got the same size group using Fed bulk! I was shooting at 50 yards. The gun is topped with a 4x12 AO leupold. It started out with terrible groups but after shooting around 50 rounds through it, it really tightened up. I was swapping back and forth with rem GB. It did not like the GB. It is the most accurate of all my T-Bolts. It will be the one that I use for squirrel hunting. BTW-I put a trigger gauge on all three T-Bolts that I own. The maple was the worst at 4+lbs, the walnut was a little over 3lbs and the black one was right at 3 lbs. I tried adjusting the trigger on the maple but the screw was not very effective. I am going to put another trigger in when they become available.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
swany66675

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by don5 View Post
Swany- That is a good group. I just shot my new/used black stocked sporter and got the same size group using Fed bulk! I was shooting at 50 yards. The gun is topped with a 4x12 AO leupold. It started out with terrible groups but after shooting around 50 rounds through it, it really tightened up. I was swapping back and forth with rem GB. It did not like the GB. It is the most accurate of all my T-Bolts. It will be the one that I use for squirrel hunting. BTW-I put a trigger gauge on all three T-Bolts that I own. The maple was the worst at 4+lbs, the walnut was a little over 3lbs and the black one was right at 3 lbs. I tried adjusting the trigger on the maple but the screw was not very effective. I am going to put another trigger in when they become available.
This is how it shoots with federal game shok, it gives me the same groups with Remington yellow jackets it just costs more to pull the trigger. My trigger is in the 3.5lb range just wish it was a little lower. I use a Nikon pro-staff rimfire 3-9 on mine that was an old pic I posted of the gun. I've shoot some truly ridiculous groups with this gun next time I'll make sure to get some pics.
I'm going to be in the market for a composite threaded for my son. He wanted a gun like mine so he has been saving for almost a year he's seven and he has about half the money.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope magnification is some what of a limiting factor on my T-Bolts, 4x and 2-7x28 Weavers. There have been a few exceptional group photos posted, but this doesn't make it a half inch gun, but as has been said beforehand the consensus points to 3/4 to 1 inch sorters. I took a mess of squirrels with my threaded model yesterday, just a fantastic woods walking rifle.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 PM
swany66675

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Those are my average groups sometimes they are smaller, that was with a new scope I just sighted in I only shot three groups that day all three are close to the same size. Here's the third group before final adjustment.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 AM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The light weight of the rifle makes the trigger feel heavier. Mine will shoot about an inch at 50 but it is work even off sandbags.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
10ring1

TPC Rating: 
97% (58)
Raven, To be honest, I was a bit underimpressed when I first held mine. I am an abolt fanatic and the T felt a bit light and less robust than my abolt. After fooling with the trigger a bit and finding the accuracy is far superior to my abolts, it quickly grew on me. I have my trigger at about 1.5# and I have a 3-9 efr on it. My shoots stingers like a house on fire. I don't shoot it much but plan to use it for hunting and such. Hey, but in the end it is still a Browning rimfire and you can't go wrong with that.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Critical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What did you do to the trigger? Is it safe?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guys, I have never owned a Browning T-bolt, and probably never will as they just never appealed to me, but this thread has been an absolute joy to read. It is so neat to hear from shooters that are totally in love with their rifles, whether it shoots lights out or just so-so. I have a love affair with sporting rifles, and it's not always because they are such great shooters, it's just because I like them. Keep the posts coming, they are fun to read!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:49 PM
10ring1

TPC Rating: 
97% (58)
Critical- I know there are some suggestions here how to decrease the pull wt. One I remember is drilling an additional hole in you trigger housing. The method I chose was to use a light diameter (forget the exact #) to fabricate a new spring. I am no machinst or anything of the like. It took me about 4 attempts to get it just right. I used a pencil and needle nose pliers to form the spring. I never heated the piano wire but suggestions here say it will make the bends easier. About 1.5# or so now. Smooth as silk!
Old 07-29-2019, 10:14 AM
LHitchcox

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are lots of posts on the current production, but somehow you found one that has been dead for six years. To answer your question, my T Bolt is the most accurate .22 rimfire I own (barely). I also own a Remington 581L that is also a tack driver. However the T Bolt is much better looking than Ol' Ugly.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:44 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Iím shooting mine right now... Iíll post a pic of my 50 yard group when Iím done
Old 07-29-2019, 06:04 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ok this is the 22 WMR not the LR...
50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk