Barrel bedding - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Stick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Well I gave the glass a full week to cure. I hit the range with it last Friday and was very pleased. I got off three groups of five before it was just too dark to see. All three groups were less than 1 inch but two of the three groups had 4 shots almost touching and a flyer that got out to an inch. The wind and temp. was not fit for shooting this past weekend so I just sat next to the fire and watched the hunting channel. I'll be back at the range to give the gun a full 50 rounds of controlled group shooting to make sure it's right but I think I'm done playing with this gun and it's just down to hunting with it now. I was thinking of getting a GM barrel for it but the hills around home just get a little steeper each year so I think I'll skip the bull barrel for a squirrel gun.

Stick
Old 01-20-2003, 12:27 PM
longbeard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It looks like an action bedding job is what these Savages are in need of, doesn't it? I would recommend any Savage 93 with a composite stock be bedded from the clip forward to the end of the big portion of the barrel, and that the barrel be free-floated from that point out. It probably wouldn't hurt the wood-stocked models, either. LB