Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Might want to change your password...

I recently discovered a password used only on this site had been hacked. It was the account for my username Big-Dummy. I have reverted back to my old username and account and asked the Admins to delete the other one, but have not heard back from them. Be safe.

Last edited by Mike_AK; 07-14-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
What happened to make you think your account was hacked? Did someone commit to buy something and then backed out? Did they post some nonsense on a thread ? Why do you have multiple accounts?
Old 07-14-2019, 06:37 PM
EddieE

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52DH&R12 View Post
What happened to make you think your account was hacked? Did someone commit to buy something and then backed out? Did they post some nonsense on a thread ? Why do you have multiple accounts?
Not sure what happened to him, but I have gotten emails from some POS with broken English saying he knows my password is XYZ and that if I don't wire $3200 to him in 24 hours, he will email all my contacts videos of the sites I visit (because he was able to view me through my computer camera) and post it on Facebook. Oh and since I read his email, he got confirmation that I saw it and that if I ignore it, he will distribute said items.

I hope there aren't people stupid enough out there to pay up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Winnut
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ha!
Have him meet you somewhere very dark to collect his $3200, and whatever else you may want to give him.....
Old 07-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got an e-mail from an account I use only for forum registrations quoting a password I used only for this site saying they had taken control of my files and my webcam. I use a VPN connection and have strong malware protection so I knew the first part was BS. I also have a piece of tape over my webcam, so strike two. Just thought I would pass along to the rest of the forum that this site apparently has had a data breach and to be careful.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:13 PM
EddieE

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnut View Post
Ha!
Have him meet you somewhere very dark to collect his $3200, and whatever else you may want to give him.....
If he knew what sites I visit, highly doubt he would have targeted me...
Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 PM
Warner Will
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
getting scammed is too easy these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Got an e-mail from an account I use only for forum registrations quoting a password I used only for this site saying they had taken control of my files and my webcam. I use a VPN connection and have strong malware protection so I knew the first part was BS. I also have a piece of tape over my webcam, so strike two. Just thought I would pass along to the rest of the forum that this site apparently has had a data breach and to be careful.
yep.
This scam has been going on a long time... they hack into servers, get passwords and have nothing else. It puts the fear of God into a lot of folks and they have no idea what to do.
you have the right idea with using a VPN. be aware, as I am sure you are, that VPNs are not always what they seem, either.
BUT this shows that we are not alone, and there are scumbags out there waiting to pounce.
Best idea. stay totally offline....or barring that-->Use a really good VPN. get a password generator...use it. and save those passwords on PAPER...then change the passwords every few months. it's a lot of work, but it can save your identity from being taken by casual hackers.
the REALLY, REALLY good hackers can find you online no matter how your try to cover. it just takes time. the GOOD news there is that most of us are not worth their time and/or effort.
This site. and a few others I have been on have elicited those blackmail emails.
it's an easy trap to fall for.'
Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Angry i got the same e-mail a week ago !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Not sure what happened to him, but I have gotten emails from some POS with broken English saying he knows my password is XYZ and that if I don't wire $3200 to him in 24 hours, he will email all my contacts videos of the sites I visit (because he was able to view me through my computer camera) and post it on Facebook. Oh and since I read his email, he got confirmation that I saw it and that if I ignore it, he will distribute said items.

I hope there aren't people stupid enough out there to pay up.
same B/S asking for 3200 bucks. what a total dumbass, I do not even have a web cam ! it is something new in scam land every week, now I am getting the Microsoft AND apple robo calls, "my computer will become obsolete" if I do not call them. oh well, my old Dell windows 7 is obsolete already, LMAO. at the end, it states if I have been reached in error they are sorry ! the sad fact is, I am sure the crooks are making good money from the people who respond to them and give them money.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Do you manually type in your password with each visit? Or are you toggled for automatically signing in -slash- staying logged in?
Old 07-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got the same or similar email. Deleted like a too late hot potato.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Do you manually type in your password with each visit? Or are you toggled for automatically signing in -slash- staying logged in?
I haven't logged out for days and just got it, the email that is.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 07-15-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:10 PM
matchgrade
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
How do you change your password? A few months ago I was no longer logged in and had long forgotten my password. Never could find out how to retrieve it, went for weeks w/ no RFC. Bummer. Then suddenly I'm logged in again, without any action on my part, life is good. I'm afraid to touch anything lest I am banished once again.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Manual.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM
RFCTest
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
@matchgrade If you've forgotten your password, you can send a PM to our account with a new password you'd like to use and we'll update it for you.

Niall