Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:06 PM
blake711

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A17 and B17 Mag update

I picked up a B17 a couple weeks ago. I had my LGS order in a couple more 17HMR mags for me. One of the things I noticed on the one that came with the gun was it was just a piece of sprung plastic that holds the mag in. I figured over time this could be an issue with it breaking off.

LGS had to check 3 suppliers to find them in stock. I picked them up yesterday and noticed they have updated the latch mechanism to individual pieces with a spring. One of my initial impressions of the gun was the stock was cheap junk and the magazines didn't look like they were built to last a long time. The new ones still look to have the soft rotor in them but the updated mag latch will hopefully be more robust. I can only surmise that since they made this update the old ones were prone to breakage. Anyway below are some photos of old vs new.

I loaded the new ones with 5 rounds each and cycled ammo through them without issue. They latch in without issue like the original. Once I get out to the range I will post feedback on if there are any issues. The original mag has 160 rounds through it as of this time without a single issue. I am just always leery when loading them as the rotor plastic seems so soft and mushy.

Blake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mag.jpg (222.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mag2.jpg (287.8 KB, 11 views)