Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:35 PM
k4swb
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W22 Victory & TK Trigger-The hard way

I used to wake up every morning, look in the mirror and repeat, “I am not a gunsmith.”
Need to start that again.

Wife bought a set of Williams Fire Sights for her Sig P220 and we decided to put them on today. (I know this is in the TK sub forum and I’ll get there shortly.)
Rear sight came off and new one went back on fairly easy. This should have told me to stop.

Using an el-cheapo sight pusher I managed to break the front Sig sight and finally with a punch got the rest off. New Williams sight went back on easy enough.
At this point, the wife and I were still speaking although short at times.

Now to the TK stuff.
The following is in no way a cut, dis or gripe about TandemKross. Their products are top tier!!!!
I had ordered a TK trigger for my S&W22 Victory, watched the videos and thought, “Piece of cake.”
30 years ago, maybe but now……………….

I can’t see worth a crap any more and have a slight shake. Opioids for severe back, neck and leg pain. This is not a good combination for a gunsmith to have, even if he’s just swapping parts. Freaking little parts at that. Everything came apart fine or mostly fine.

Someone in the shape I’m in needs 4 hands, a mini sun for light and darn good eyesight.
I just had reading glasses, a table lamp and the wife’s two hands. I should have waited until she was not at home but I doubt I would have ever got this done without her sweetness helping me.
I won’t bore you with the minute details but the next couple of hours were not pleasant at my house.
My wife must be a saint because she did not leave me hanging and saw the project through.

I now have a pleasant 1.75-2lb trigger with very little overtravel and not much take-up, along with a wife that probably won’t speak to me until at least tomorrow and two cats that run if I even move or open my mouth.

TK has added a screw in the top of the trigger that traps the connector and it is not on the video at this time but is on the written instructions so print those out until they update the movie.
If not for that new little screw, I would probably still be cussing that freaking spring and plunger.

Hopefully I can test it Sunday afternoon.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:29 AM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi k4swb,
Glad to hear you finally got the trigger installed. We're sure you'll like it. Updating old videos is an ongoing project here, and the SW22 Victory trigger video is top priority. But we also have many other video projects going on, so it may be a while before it happens.

Many people have similar issues to yours with the new screw, though. I am going to edit the video title and description a bit to try to clarify the issue until we can get the video changed.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:19 PM
k4swb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDEMKROSS View Post
Hi k4swb,
Glad to hear you finally got the trigger installed. We're sure you'll like it. Updating old videos is an ongoing project here, and the SW22 Victory trigger video is top priority. But we also have many other video projects going on, so it may be a while before it happens.

Many people have similar issues to yours with the new screw, though. I am going to edit the video title and description a bit to try to clarify the issue until we can get the video changed.
i'm extremely glad that new little screw was there. I managed to get the plunger under the connector while the wife put the screw in to keep things in place.
As I stated, "If not for that new little screw, I would probably still be cussing that freaking spring and plunger."

I would have never got the plunger to stay in place to allow me to put the trigger pin back if not for the new addition.

I now understand why on the video that it shows the person trying to put the plunger/spring and then cuts away and then back when all is in place.
Be honest, how many times did the plunger/spring go flying while making the video.
If you had had the new little screw, it probably never would have.

Shot the gun that Sunday and what a difference in the trigger function. Great improvement! Thanks for offering affordable, useful products for shooter's firearms.
I have the Hive grips and Halo charging handle to go along with my new <2# trigger. Wife has the Halo on her Buckmark.
I'm happy!
Old 10-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Freedomarms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To Bill at Tandemkross:

Do you have a photo or video showing this improvement?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2018, 08:52 AM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
@k4wsb: I guess I meant "problem with the screw" as in it's not in the video, which gets a lot of people confused. The screw definitely makes installing the trigger easier, as long as you know where its supposed to go.

@Freedomarms: We don't have any video at the moment. We will eventually, but right now all we have are photos in the written instructions, which can be found here: https://www.tandemkross.com/assets/i...uctions_v2.pdf

I did change the video description to include that link and to recommend that people supplement the video with the written instructions.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Freedomarms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Bill. Will the trigger and screw be available as an upgrade to the original trigger?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:58 PM
k4swb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomarms View Post
Thanks Bill. Will the trigger and screw be available as an upgrade to the original trigger?
I may be over stepping here, but if you have a TK trigger in your S&W22 already and it works, you will gain nothing by getting a replacement trigger with the screw added.

Looks to me like it is just an aid for old fumble finger peckerwoods like myself. doesn't seem to alter the function of the trigger at all.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Freedomarms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4swb View Post
I may be over stepping here, but if you have a TK trigger in your S&W22 already and it works, you will gain nothing by getting a replacement trigger with the screw added.

Looks to me like it is just an aid for old fumble finger peckerwoods like myself. doesn't seem to alter the function of the trigger at all.
Agreed. I have had my trigger out of the frame twice since my initial install. I am an old fumble finger peckerwood myself and could use the help IF I need to remove the trigger in the future.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:45 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I must be a severely challenged home gunsmith, as my TK trigger had the little screw but I fought mine for almost 30 minutes before I got it installed. When it finally went in place, it was on my last gasp attempt and the part just popped into place. The end results were definitely worth the effort!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 AM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I must be a severely challenged home gunsmith, as my TK trigger had the little screw but I fought mine for almost 30 minutes before I got it installed. When it finally went in place, it was on my last gasp attempt and the part just popped into place. The end results were definitely worth the effort!
In your defense, it's still one of our more difficult parts to install even with the new screw. Glad you like the result.

@Freedomarms, I'm inclined to agree with k4swb. The screw won't really make a difference in terms of function. You'd have to call and ask if they'd be willing to do that upgrade for you, I'm not sure what the policy on sending a whole new trigger would be. We do pride ourselves on customer service though, I'm sure they'll try their best to make you happy.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:03 PM
k4swb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I feel your pain. and finally