Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:33 AM
menof2amendment
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Dealers here in upstate SC are saying waiting time is at 9 to 11 months for a trust. It was 5 months to the day for my first can, then 5 months and 3 weeks for the second couple years ago. I thought the feds had reorganized the form processing and hired more staff, so that waiting time would be less? (holding breath)

Last edited by menof2amendment; 07-05-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:51 AM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The problem was the rush to beat the 41F commit date.

I suspect once they finish the July 2016 submissions that everything will fall back to a ~3mo lag.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menof2amendment View Post
Dealers here in upstate SC are saying waiting time is at 9 to 11 months for a trust. It was 5 months to the day for my first can, then 5 months and 3 weeks for the second couple years ago. I thought the feds had reorganized the form processing and hired more staff, so that waiting time would be less? (holding breath)
The government will only hire more workers if the people making the decisions can hire family or friends I am sure. Budgets man!
Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 AM
no4mk1t

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As all can see fron these two graphs from Silencer Shop, the wait time is a year and continues to increase.
Sent my last F4 off in late May 2016 and had the can in hand June 12 2017.

When the trend does reverse, remember, they have just recently started processing forms submitted after the 41F deadline, so there's a year long backlog of those to work through.

Personally, I think it will take them several months, possibly the rest of 2017 to get caught up. The influx of new forms has dropped substantially as everyone pins their hopes on the HPA or the other bill that's attached to the SHARE Act.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 AM
fredcdobbs
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
New proposed law in California. One gun every 30 days. Expands the current law for handguns to long guns. Anthony Portino is the author of this particular piece of bovine excrement.
Welcome to LaLA land and the "Gun a month club".
May as well get that firearm safety certificate for your wife now. I imagine private party transfers are excluded from the law so for an extra $25 transfer fee, your family members or friends can buy something and transfer it to you. Might cost you a couple lunches.
Of course you need to spread it around because if you sell more than a half dozen or so guns in a year, they may consider you a "Dealer"

These people are absolutely insane. They constantly use their power to criminalize the citizens of this state based on something they own, not what they do with it.
Ironically they just outlawed the bullet button on AR15 rifles but in doing so actually made the now modified guns easier and quicker to change magazines. Heh.

Interesting that a handguns have to pass the state "Safety check" or be excluded from sale in California. For Semi autos this means since the law requiring semi autos to have imprinting technology, the list of semi autos has been frozen to those on the list before the law as long as the manufacturer re-ups and pays the fees periodically. Ironically, law enforcement officers are not subject to this law and can order any gun not on the State handgun safety roster. I guess this is under the premie that we want our law enforcement officers to own "unsafe" handguns.

Life in the looney bin.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:46 PM
menof2amendment

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The purpose of the NFA was/is to make it as difficult as possible for civilians to obtain NFA items. They are a year behind and more submissions are arriving every day. With limited staff to process applications, they are still being delayed. Waiting time will be longer as time goes on.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:05 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
I already know of multiple people that have bought their cans with in a day or so either side of my purchase. They have already been out playing with their toys while I'm still waiting for mine. 🤧

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 08-02-2017, 10:59 PM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445
My LGS called today to let me know they had received the tax stamp for my Ruger Silent-SR can. Just for fun, I went through my checkbook, and sure enough, there was an entry for $200 to the BATFE. Dated August 11, 2016. So it took the bozos at ATF 354 days to process my application. Just nine or ten days short of an entire year. I'm assuming that this was mostly because of the mad rush to get forms in before the change in Trusts last year, but it's still ridiculous. I already had one can when I bought the Silent-SR, and the tax stamp for that one took five months, but that was three years ago. Anyway, I can now go pick up my new can tomorrow, so at this point, I'll sit back and see what happens with the HPA and the bill in the Senate. Keep your fingers crossed, Boys.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:45 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
13 months the 13th of this month.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 10-01-2017, 06:54 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Current jail time!

Almost 15 months Now.

Called and got the run around.
In short they had my number wrong and would only say after finding out they were calling the wrong number that my stamp arrived a few days ago.
I pick them up Saturday. I’ll know more then, right?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:22 AM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Current jail time!

Yup
They have had my stamps in for three plus months.

It took a few days over 11 months for approval.

Mailed in on a trust 7/13/16 post marked 7/15/16
Approved 6/15/17 and 6/21/17.

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 10-08-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:10 PM
GasDoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats Peashooter. The long wait will be well worth it.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Current jail time!

I already knew how quiet a .22lr bolt rifle is with a muffler so I just had to put my Hybrid on my sig 516 and try it out.

All the reports and reviews says that the hybrid is effective from .458 down to .223.

So I installed it in my
516 with the thread adaptor I purchased for $129.99 “ouch” when I picked up the cans.
All I can say is I was not disappointed. You can “I dont recommend this” shoot 5.56 NATO with out ear plugs. It’s still fairly loud but doesn’t make your ears ring.
The closest I can come to an example is closing a thick hard back book hard to make it pop loudly.

It still has its .458 end cap on it with an appropriate thread adaptor to mount it on my AR15.

Left SilencerCo Hybrid
Right SilencerCo Sparrow

15 rounds 5 hyper velocity and 10 standard velocity though the sparrow. Omg how dirty and how fast.

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 10-08-2017 at 02:55 PM.