Nordic + POF + Butler Creek and Spare Time!!!! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Love2Shoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nordic + POF + Butler Creek and Spare Time!!!!

What do you get when you combine, Nordic 10/22 conversion, POF Predator Rail and a Butler Creek Folding Stock Mechanism?!?!?!?!?!?!

Still work in progress.....was going to do an ACE folder, just need a folding mechanism to go with the ace stock (not sure which mechanism I want)......but thought I would give this a try.....I just have the stock on with 1 bolt for the moment. need to drill two holes in the BC folding housing. this will also raise it up a little more, think that is may also allow the shells and bolt handle to come through the open area on the stock.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Love2Shoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK, anyone tell me why the pictures are coming up are links and not as pictures?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
druid318
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
very nice looking rifle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
nemohunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Shoot View Post
OK, anyone tell me why the pictures are coming up are links and not as pictures?
not hosted on a proper sight. try photobucket.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
NY Marksman
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Join Photo Bucket. upload your pictures there and then use the IMG code link. Then post the pictures here by Pasting them in your post by pressing control & V on your keyboard ( that is if your using a Windows operating system PC)
Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
vshank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PLEASE, PLEASE, Please stick with your plan to do the ace w/ a folder. Morgan Walker has one on an EVO, and it looks awesome. this gun setup is kickace. You've got way too much into this gun to skimp on a BC folder. just looks like a cheap coathanger with that serious equip up front.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Love2Shoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I killed both the computers last week....still loading software on the new drives....once I get frontpage back on, I'll be able to put the photos on one of my websites like usual.....

I had wanted to try the BC since before I even received the nordic, I still think it is one of the more comfortable folders....had the back end from a hackerized stock........the BC looks odd on there in S.S.....so if it stays, it will get some Duracoat on it......had a M4 Tel-stock on it before this, did not care for the feel and look of that on the nordic.....it is a work in progress.

I do like the ergo suregrip, the POF rail I modified to work.....may not keep that barrel though, have another bullish barrel I might use, or even my VQ carbon fiber barrel would be nice also.

I need to decide which ACE folding Mech to order, the standard or push button....can't say I'll go one way or the other....like the length on the BC though.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
vshank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Man, NYMarksman, you take ANY opportunity you get to post photos of that gun. It's nice, but we've all seen it in its current form.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:37 AM
hikeeba
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is a sweet piece! the POF rail... Did you acquire that just for this project, or did you already have that laying around?

Edit: I like how closely the POF rail mates up with the rail on the receiver. Doesn't exactly look to be the same plane, but close enough. Very nice!

Last edited by hikeeba; 08-27-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Love2Shoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a few extra POF rails. got them a long time ago and had totally forgotten I had them. I modified them myself (have a mini mill in my garage) to work on the nordic. that is actually the 2nd one I did....may modify a couple more of the rails for nordic purposes.....there just collecting dust around here.....

When I first saw pictures of the nordic, the idea of putting the POF rail popped into my head.

the POF rail is at most 1/8 of an inch, probably a little less, high then the nordic rail. figure I can just tighten the front sight post down a little extra or even shave a little off the top.

gotta add rail covers to the rail system still.....guess I gotta decide what color I want to end up with if I am gonna duracoat it or not.........
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
NY Marksman
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vshank View Post
Man, NYMarksman, you take ANY opportunity you get to post photos of that gun. It's nice, but we've all seen it in its current form.
I took care of it. I didn't mean to offend anyones sensitivities.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
TRIDENT82

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
just finished my nordic sbr build with ace side folder with ace entry arfx stock. Awesome and cool stocks that ace makes. Def. go with these, plus the bc is silver.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
wphilpy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How did you attach the BC stock to the Nordic?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Love2Shoot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used the ACE AR Compact Receiver Block that came with the ACE stock I bought used of the boards recently. I used 1 of the existing holes in the BC base so it is just a temp mount. going to drill 2 holes a little lower that will match the receiver block.

I know the BC is silver/grey....as I stated in the post above, if I keep it, I will duracoat it black or maybe OD. This is just a test fit to see what is was like. I do like it, got some tweaking to do on it while I wait for the ACE folding mechanism to come in from ACE. Then I'll decide which I like the look and feel of better and break out the duracoat.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
vshank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Marksman View Post
I took care of it. I didn't mean to offend anyones sensitivities.
Just messing with you. I had a few beers in me, and I should know better than to post on message boards after drinking.