First Hog with the VQ 17 hmr - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 PM
striker525

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Posts: 
424
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Circumstances? Wild hog, .17 rimfire, what else is necessary?

You post on a public message board, well, this is the chance you take. I seriously thought the worst case of unethical hunters would be those who believe the .223 is a deer round. This is a joke beyond words.

Re-evaulate my own self? What the hell does that mean?

I guess I actually think that if I word it just right, or say it enough times, somebody will actually get it. Some people are just unreachable. Some people also lack the intellect to respectfully disagree. So be it. Apparently yours is the last word on everything. No one dare disagree. Whatever. I'm officially blue in the face. Have fun.
Yep this is the chance I take. But I really dont think that anybody should ever have to put up with a dumbarss like you. Yes re-evaluate your own self, there is no reason to come on here and say that everybody is wrong and your right. Rockint was sharing info about what he had done and you said basically that it was the dumbest thing in the world because hogs have what.....ARMOR? I beleive its more like grissle not armor. And I'm sure Rockint had full confidence that he could dispatch said hog with his .17 . under no circumstances was he asking you for your approoval or your condemnation of his KILL. You are seriously mistaken if people post on here just so you can belittle or comdemn them, for something they say or do. I believe we post on here to get advice, GIVE advice, share our experiences, NOT SO PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN KNOCK EVERYTHING WE SAY OR DO DOWN. THAT IS NOT YOUR PLACE IN LIFE, or maybe it is, and if it is then I feel sorry for you. for someone who is only 32 you talk like your about 62 with all the experience to back it up. Quit trying so hard.
  #137  
Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Backwoods
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2005
Location: 
Lamlukka, Thailand
Posts: 
1,314
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Talking Hogs in Tn

Just so everyone knows, I just checked the DNR site for Tennessee and they DO classify their hogs as big game, but I can't find a list of legal calibers for that state as applied to hogs!! I can tell you that in SC where I sot 90% of the hogs I shot, and hunts I guided, that all that was required was a small game license, and some states don't even require a license to hunt on private land for hogs!! Its hard to argue about childish remarks, or ridicule others, then make threats or call them names, because you feel others are wrong, point is, legal to use and not unethical in my book, and as you say, I also ahve the right to voice my opinion and the law where I hunt hogs says its OK, so stay on your side and I'll stay on mine, but like it or not, some places you can hunt them legally with a pellet gun as there are no restrictions in some areas!! If I can find someone locally to scan a pic or two I'll show you what some full blown hogs look like!!
  #138  
Old 03-11-2007, 12:24 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Apr 2002
Location: 
West Tennessee
Posts: 
5,111
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
Just so everyone knows, I just checked the DNR site for Tennessee and they DO classify their hogs as big game, but I can't find a list of legal calibers for that state as applied to hogs!!
And your point is?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
If I can find someone locally to scan a pic or two I'll show you what some full blown hogs look like!!
Oh goody! I'd really like to see what one looks like!
  #139  
Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Apr 2002
Location: 
West Tennessee
Posts: 
5,111
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker525 View Post
Yep this is the chance I take. But I really dont think that anybody should ever have to put up with a dumbarss like you.
Dumbass? I'm a dumbass because I'm respectful of the animals I persue and prefer to use enough gun to take them cleanly in less than perfect conditions? I'm a dumbass because I don't believe a varmint caliber loaded with a varmint bullet is sufficient for a 150lb wild hog? A bullet known to never ricochet because it completely disintegrates on impact with anything. A bullet that does not exit a crow. I'm a dumbass because I believe it's ethical to pass on a marginal shot with a marginal caliber and not to just shoot it because I have the opportunity? That's cool, because I usually like to hang out with people for whom ethics, how they do something, is as important as what they do. People who can argue their point without personal attacks. People who can respectfully disagree. Unlike what I've found here the last few days.

Go back and reread my original post where I simply disagreed with the use of the .17HMR for wild hogs. Point out where I have been belligerent or demeaning. Point out exactly why I have drawn the wrath of you true believers. I have only been polite and respectful but apparently I'm not in a similar-minded crowd. Here, I'll repost it and you tell me why you find this so offensive. You tell me why it is impossible to simply disagree without personal attacks.


"Whether or not it's in the realm of possibility is moot. No matter how you slice it hunting big game with a rimfire is irresponsible. To do so is little more than a stunt. We owe it to the animals we hunt and to our sport to use enough gun to take the intended game quickly and humanely.

Would we be here talking about it if you had missed the mark and only severely wounded the hog? That 17gr V-Max bullet is so lightly constructed, the odds of it blowing up before even penetrating the skin is very high."
  #140  
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
kbonnell

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Tampa Bay
Posts: 
337
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
And your point is?





Oh goody! I'd really like to see what one looks like!
These remarks sound like they are from a 12 year old kid. I don't know what the deal is with this guy is but maybe the fact that the NRA emblem went to his head and now he knows everything.

I thought he said he would never come back to this thread?
  #141  
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 AM
kbonnell

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Tampa Bay
Posts: 
337
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CraigC you are a dumbass because you keep going on and on about nothing. Just let it go, get over yourself. You arebeing belligerent because you have no clue when to stop.
  #142  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Apr 2002
Location: 
West Tennessee
Posts: 
5,111
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbonnell View Post
These remarks sound like they are from a 12 year old kid.
In my homeland, it's known as sarcasm. Judging by posts in this thread, I thought this group of game-wounders was well versed. Just trying to speak in a language those here can easily understand. You didn't think the offer to post pictures of "full blown" hogs was condescending at the very least? As if I don't know what one looks like???

I again challenge anybody to find a printed word that supports your position. You will find none, only the ramblings of internet "experts".

Your assumptions about me and/or my experience are laughable and reaching. If this is all you guys can come up with: sarcasm, snide remarks, and wild assumptions about my character, this has been a horrible waste of effort on my part. I must be out of my league surrounded by such honorable men.

Go forth, wound game with your pest rifles and bring us back stories of your conquests. Please......
  #143  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Apr 2002
Location: 
West Tennessee
Posts: 
5,111
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
BTW, I'm not the only naysayer in this thread. Why did I get so much attention? Seriously.
  #144  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Shaggy

Join Date: 
Jan 2003
Location: 
Central Kansas three wheat fields north of I70
Posts: 
61
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
BTW, I'm not the only naysayer in this thread. Why did I get so much attention? Seriously.
Couldn't be your attitude, could it?
  #145  
Old 03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
All4fun's Avatar
All4fun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2007
Location: 
Scripps Ranch.... It's mostly nice here.
Posts: 
3,953
TPC Rating: 
100% (71)
I see a strategy emerging here... bear with me for a moment. Somebody once said that the worst insult is to be ignored. Based on CraigC's last post it makes me think that might be an effective strategy here.

I have to agree with an earlier post that said something to the effect that we are all a little stupider for having engaged in this thread. I do agree. If I'm going to destroy brain cells, I think I'd prefer to do it with a nice cold beer later this afternoon.

Over and out,
-dave
  #146  
Old 03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Backwoods
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2005
Location: 
Lamlukka, Thailand
Posts: 
1,314
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
In my homeland, it's known as sarcasm. Judging by posts in this thread, I thought this group of game-wounders was well versed. Just trying to speak in a language those here can easily understand. You didn't think the offer to post pictures of "full blown" hogs was condescending at the very least? As if I don't know what one looks like???

I again challenge anybody to find a printed word that supports your position. You will find none, only the ramblings of internet "experts".

Your assumptions about me and/or my experience are laughable and reaching. If this is all you guys can come up with: sarcasm, snide remarks, and wild assumptions about my character, this has been a horrible waste of effort on my part. I must be out of my league surrounded by such honorable men.

Go forth, wound game with your pest rifles and bring us back stories of your conquests. Please......
The offer to show some pictures was to show hogs can be killed, got any of all them wounded hogs laying around in your homeland?? As for your expertise, well from your profile we know you can pay to join the NRA and thats all it shows, no military trains, law enforcement, gunclubs or such either, and as far as technical data, it appears everything comes from your vast life experiences? You are the one making most of the sarcastic remarks, and have no idea why a sniveling young pup who doesn't like rimfires is going to waste their valuable expert opinions on us rimfire nuts?? I can and have shot a lot of animals from chipmunks to grizzly bears, and only take shots that I can make and kill! I use more single shots than most, and yes, while working as a guide and outfitter for 15 years was classified as an expert, but as you say, that is a moot point, all we are asking is who you think you are to tell any of us how where and when to hunt, based on your "what experience"??
Maybe someone miss the calss on respect when you were in school, and I disagree a lot on here too, but you have insulted professionals, friends, and foreigners, all went through the effort to join RFC, and most, like myself are tiring of your insults!!
I know you can read, so to let you know the insulting is getting out ogf hand and I am going to request ADMIN to step in and stop the insults and problems!! I am not siding with anyone, just requesting a cease fire before this goes any farther! No one is going to cave in so lets all keep on our side of the line and let facts prove things not opinions!!
  #147  
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Admin3's Avatar
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Posts: 
556
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I don't usually allow myself the luxury of expressing myself, but geez, there is more than one dumbass in this thread

Enough is enough.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x