Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:17 PM
vinceg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
JARD T-bolt trigger feedback

Hello:

Has been over 3 years (perhaps longer) since JARD started making a replacement trigger for the Browning T-bolt. I would expect some type of feedback on performance, problems, general complaints, "Best money ever spent", "Total waste of money", etc. etc. Just been wondering is all.

Regards, Vince
Old 06-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have the Jard on our two current production T bolts. When properly adjusted, they will get you a true match trigger, breaking cleanly in ounces. That's the good news. The bad is that they can be a real headache to adjust properly, with some added issues of sometimes needing a little file work to get them to fit flush with the receiver or you end up with the bolt coming out when cocking the gun. And the price ... whew! Still, you won't get a comparable trigger with the factory trigger no matter how you try to mod it.

I understand why a lot of people will balk at adding such an expensive trigger to an already expensive rifle. I love the t-bolt action, though, and our Ts are definitely accurate enough to be worthy of the expense. Would I do the Jard on a new T bolt, again? Honestly, I don't know. It's not that the factory trigger is bad, a la a Ruger 10/22 trigger. In fact, it's pretty good about breaking crisp with no creep. Just heavier than I like for a bolt gun, but still shootable.

What I would advise, Vince, is to try the trigger on a new T bolt, first, before making any decisions.

Joanie
Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’ve got 2 varmints and 1 tupperware,they needed the Jared’s. The lawyer ledge trick was a waste of time and effort. Out of the box my Jared’s performed and fit perfectly. Happy ��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 07:29 PM
Soonerbob
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
I have a Jard in one of my 3 TBolts and will add it to one of the other ones. I would add to all 3 but am going to sell one, so will leave it to the new owner to decide. I highly recommend it and love it on mine.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:30 AM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As has already been said a few times, the Jard trigger makes a great rifle out of a good rifle. I guess I was lucky, but my Jard trigger went in with no fuss at all. Would I spend the money again? Absolutely. Remember too that Jard factory help is a telephone call away if you run into problems. The OEM trigger mods were a complete waste of time for me.

Rick H.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:33 AM
plumas
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went the 'bent spring' DIY road. Did not touch the shelf.
The toughest part is making the personal decision to break the factory seal but after that the job is pretty straight forward given the good direction found to guide one through each step...works well actually. Remains a very crisp break and at a measured 2.75 lbs. I can live with it.
Yea, 1.5 would be my preference but it's better now than the measured 4.5 that the rifle adjustment screw would drop to. And I got to admit there is a smidgen of pride in knowing I fixed it myself.

I did 2 additional things...bought a new factory spring from Browning ($7) before attempting the fix in case I bunged it up and lost spring tension, turns out I still have that new spring as the repair worked perfectly....and I put a drop of Blue Loctite on the adjustment screw since there is no longer any tension on it to keep it in place.

After this past spring squirrel shoot I found that 2.75 is very workable with no jerking or loss of sight picture due to trigger pull effort. So I'm done with it, no Jard for me unless the price drops significantly, still waiting for a good solution under $100 such as the Ruger BX to come along.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:17 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tried one and sold it... didnít fit my gun WT*!!!
Old 08-04-2019, 06:11 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am interested in what anyone else has to say about the Jard triggers as I am contemplating a T Bolt as an additional rifle due to their weight. BUT, I would hope the trigger is a "drop in" just because I am lazy and I want a very light trigger.

Wish they made the T Bolt in 17 Mach II.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:57 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’m technically inept. I followed the instructions and it was simple. Think there is also a video showing how
Old 08-11-2019, 02:21 PM
WillR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There’s a used one FS on eBay - helps with the cost. I’ve got a couple of them in my T-Bolts. Can’t imagine owning the rifle without a Jard trigger.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 PM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bear in mind, if you buy a used trigger you also buy the potential problems that come with it. If the previous owner went hacking around on it you will never be happy and probably end up complaining about a Jard trigger.

Rick H.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillR View Post
There’s a used one FS on eBay - helps with the cost. I’ve got a couple of them in my T-Bolts. Can’t imagine owning the rifle without a Jard trigger.
That used trigger was gone as of today 8/12/19. I looked at it last night and held off... GONE.... today. Ya snooze ya loose. My bad.

However, given the potential to go as low (lb pull weight) as they list and since I am looking to do a build off a T Bolt action, buying a new one is not really a concern for me.