Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Empe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
LPA Rear Sight

Anyone try the LPA rear adjustable sight on their MK II/III target model ...an improvement over the OEM or not ?
Old 04-05-2018, 06:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really like the LPA sights. I have them on 4 H&Ks, a Walther, and just put one on a Ruger mark lV. It is much better than the Ruger sight, but lower. I had to file about 0.015 off of the original front sight to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LPA is the company name, but I like to think it stands for "Low Profile Adjustable" because that describes the sights they make.

They are the only replacement sights that drop into "Standard Model" (fixed sight) mark pistols without needing to get a taller front sight. But as newboy stated, using them on "Target Models" requires a lower front sight.

Volquartsen, and some other companies make some nice drop-in replacement sights. It depends on what you're looking for. You may only need to replace the rear sight blade to get what you want.