Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dogdown View Post
Yes it is
Mr. G sir quick question who gun is this going to be...I am confused about who is going to buy this...Bwana_1 or you ???

Signalman
Old 08-02-2020, 10:46 AM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Mr. G sir quick question who gun is this going to be...I am confused about who is going to buy this...Bwana_1 or you ???

Signalman
I'm not buying the gun.I just picked up a 452 American.Pics posted couple posts down.Im merely sharing pics of a gun for sale if the price is right.Please have your pet spayed or neutered.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Bwana_1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Signalman
Signalman,
I passed on the gun here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana_1 View Post
Gentleman I appreciate all the help and advice

I finally heard back from the seller last night, he still never picked the gun up to provide serial number nor had a price to present me.

After a short discussion he decided that he's going to put it on GB for $800 + shipping + FFL charges....so probably about $900 total cost in the end.

Thanks to a member here, I located a NIB Lefty 452 American 22LR from a dealer. He's asking $499.99 +$20 shipping....that's a win for me, and I don't have to search and haggle for a trade. I already have a new Hawke Airmax scope here with mounts ready to go, so just waiting on shipping.

My guns are for hunting, I use them as tools. The wood quality wasn't that important to me, because banging it into a tree shouldn't make me cringe

Thanks to all for your great information and pictures.

Eric
Old 08-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Bwana_1 sir I completely agree I am a hunter and when I got my needle in the hay stack after three years of looking I just could not bring myself to take it out for a round of hunting so I bought a plain jane model...its funny I had looked for years for a nice 452 American in 22mag and never found one...so right after I got my Lotto winner there were like four regular models that popped up and I bought one so I can take it hunting.

My 452 Americans both in 22mag with Weaver V-16s on top.

Smart move of your part.

Signalman
Old 08-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Bwana_1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Bwana_1 sir I completely agree I am a hunter and when I got my needle in the hay stack after three years of looking I just could not bring myself to take it out for a round of hunting so I bought a plain jane model...its funny I had looked for years for a nice 452 American in 22mag and never found one...so right after I got my Lotto winner there were like four regular models that popped up and I bought one so I can take it hunting.

My 452 Americans both in 22mag with Weaver V-16s on top.

Smart move of your part.

Signalman
Sir,
They are beautiful guns...but again my main intention was to buy it and trade it to a RFC member for a simple American

I received a New American 17 HMR 2 weeks ago, then went after a New American 22 LR. I just purchased a new Weihrauch HW50S 2 weeks ago, and now scoping them all up.

That doesn't include 2 other Center fire builds I'm in the middle of, so when the seller said $800-1000 I knew it was time to walk away. I try to stay focused on my needs, and not get distracted by shiny objects

Eric