Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:36 PM
JFSS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Azmuth receiver/barrel/bolt combo

We ordered an Azimuth BZ stainless barrel with receiver and bolt combo for a customer. The bolt would not install in the receiver unless the receiver was relived in one area. Also checked the headspace on the bolt and it was .0475. We contacted Azimuth as to their bolt headspace spec and their spec is .0445. We returned the retire order to our distributor. This is a shame as the receiver really looked good with very sharp and precise "looking" cuts. Their products are becoming more available however and may just write this off as growing pains.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Gsilaski

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently took delivery of an Azimuth barreled receiver. I inadvertently ordered it without a bolt, and I will blame that on poor product descriptions by manufacturer and retailer in addition to my own apparently incorrect assumption. Specifically, doesn’t labeling something a “barreled action” imply a bolt is included, especially if you show a bolt in the item photo? OK, no big problem, plenty of options here...but for the fact the receiver will not accept Ruger, Kidd, or Volquartsen bolts from my spares shelf. I did finally find an Azimuth bolt and ordered it last week from a dealer identified on Azimuth’s website. That dealer debited my account for the purchase last week, and I paid extra for expedited shipping. Today I have no bolt and no response to my email inquiry, and of course there is no phone number on the invoice or website. Based on the earlier post, I am now expecting the factory bolt is not going to fit either, assuming I ever see it. The receiver is beautifully machined and finished, but so far I am completely disappointed.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Mike Michalski
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Azimuth Technology

Returning my second barreled action due to poor accuracy. Tested at 50 yards with 10 shot groups and 10 different high quality ($) brands of .22's.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:21 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsilaski View Post
I recently took delivery of an Azimuth barreled receiver. I inadvertently ordered it without a bolt, and I will blame that on poor product descriptions by manufacturer and retailer in addition to my own apparently incorrect assumption. Specifically, doesn’t labeling something a “barreled action” imply a bolt is included, especially if you show a bolt in the item photo? OK, no big problem, plenty of options here...but for the fact the receiver will not accept Ruger, Kidd, or Volquartsen bolts from my spares shelf. I did finally find an Azimuth bolt and ordered it last week from a dealer identified on Azimuth’s website. That dealer debited my account for the purchase last week, and I paid extra for expedited shipping. Today I have no bolt and no response to my email inquiry, and of course there is no phone number on the invoice or website. Based on the earlier post, I am now expecting the factory bolt is not going to fit either, assuming I ever see it. The receiver is beautifully machined and finished, but so far I am completely disappointed.
If the receiver won’t accept a standard bolt, how many people would want one.
I know I wouldn’t.

It would be like buying an AR-15 upper receiver that won’t accept a Colt, Bushmaster, DPMS, or any mil-spec bolt carrier group.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Mike Michalski
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Azimuth Technology

New barreled action returned again do to poor accuracy. Azimuth is returning my money.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:12 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What a waste.

This was supposed to be some kind of Messiah ..