Tikka T1X feeding and ejecting issues- ideas? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 AM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tikka T1X feeding and ejecting issues- ideas?

On Saturday, I picked up a Tikka t1x I ordered- cleaned it up as per the manual, mounted a scope and went to the range yesterday. I ran into two issues.

First was with the magazines. I bought two magazines to go along with it- one of them I'm having feeding issues with anything more than 5 rounds loaded into the magazine. It looked like the rounds aren't being lifted high enough to get chambered. I separated the faulty magazine and returning it to Beretta for a replacement.

The second issue was with ejecting a fired case. Didn't matter whether I slowly or quickly worked the bolt- about 7 out of 10 fired rounds, the case would either dribble out of the receiver or not eject at all- and I'd get a jam trying to chamber the next round. I read another poster here having an issue similar to this. When it worked good, the fired cases would be thrown clear about a foot or so. I called Beretta this morning and they said I could send it in. Any ideas what it could be? Extractor?

Aside from that, I had a really good time shooting.

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:09 AM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCook View Post
On Saturday, I picked up a Tikka t1x I ordered- cleaned it up as per the manual, mounted a scope and went to the range yesterday. I ran into two issues.

First was with the magazines. I bought two magazines to go along with it- one of them I'm having feeding issues with anything more than 5 rounds loaded into the magazine. It looked like the rounds aren't being lifted high enough to get chambered. I separated the faulty magazine and returning it to Beretta for a replacement.

The second issue was with ejecting a fired case. Didn't matter whether I slowly or quickly worked the bolt- about 7 out of 10 fired rounds, the case would either dribble out of the receiver or not eject at all- and I'd get a jam trying to chamber the next round. I read another poster here having an issue similar to this. When it worked good, the fired cases would be thrown clear about a foot or so. I called Beretta this morning and they said I could send it in. Any ideas what it could be? Extractor?

Aside from that, I had a really good time shooting.

Thank you.
One of our members here had similar issues with ejection, I THINK he put a slight bend in the ejector wire and cured it. The thread is on Sniper's Hide, or you could pm Kisssofdeath and ask.
Another member reported feeding issues, they reduced the action screw torque to 20-25 in lbs from 40, and the problem went away. It's something to try at least.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:21 AM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks chilly- I filled out the return info and at some point, UPS will be coming to my house to pick up the rifle and send it into Beretta for service. Hopefully it'll just take a couple of weeks before I get it back. When all that's finished, I'll report back here.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:09 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Snipers Hide is where it's at

AlCook,

I bent the ejector spring on one of my 22's and the 17 HMR. Detailed photos with commentary are on Snipers Hide forum and can only be seen there. Both of mine now work 100%. I hate to be like that but I will no longer be contributing anything to this forum.

Someone on Snipers Hide told me someone here "evidently you" had mentioned my name so I thought I would log back on after a month or so to see what was up. I was banned for like 2 weeks for being honest about something but in this case being honest violated RFC rules. IMO this is not a friendly forum any longer, at least to me it isn't. I have created several write ups on Snipers Hide forum and would recommend everyone checking that place out.

I already copied and pasted the ones I did here, over there. Actually I will remove all those threads "if possible" after this reply.

Good luck with your ejection issue, hopefully by now you will already have it fixed.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 PM
wkd
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
Old 07-25-2019, 12:22 PM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssofdeath View Post
AlCook,

I bent the ejector spring on one of my 22's and the 17 HMR. Detailed photos with commentary are on Snipers Hide forum and can only be seen there. Both of mine now work 100%. I hate to be like that but I will no longer be contributing anything to this forum.

Someone on Snipers Hide told me someone here "evidently you" had mentioned my name so I thought I would log back on after a month or so to see what was up. I was banned for like 2 weeks for being honest about something but in this case being honest violated RFC rules. IMO this is not a friendly forum any longer, at least to me it isn't. I have created several write ups on Snipers Hide forum and would recommend everyone checking that place out.

I already copied and pasted the ones I did here, over there. Actually I will remove all those threads "if possible" after this reply.

Good luck with your ejection issue, hopefully by now you will already have it fixed.
KOD- thank you. I tried finding your fix on the other site, but couldn't find it. I signed up over there and will post the question there as well. Haven't gotten work back from UPS yet as to when they are picking it up. If it's something I can fix here, I'd like to go that route.

All the best,
Al
Old 07-25-2019, 02:06 PM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, just a little while ago UPS showed up and picked it up. Hopefully will get it back soon
Old 07-25-2019, 02:24 PM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They don't eject as strongly as some other bolt .22's, just so you know what to expect.
Mine flicks the empties about a foot away normally, and I've had a few stay in the action.
My CZ 452, in contrast, tosses empties several feet away without much effort.
Simply a different design, though I understand that some Tikkas are worse than others for ejection issues. Hopefully yours is bad enough that Beretta will recognize it as being a problem and fix it.
I guess the Sako Quads use the same ejector system, it's the first rifle I've owned that used this type of setup.
The good thing about them is that they shoot well enough to put up with a few teething pains.
I don't think I've ever owned a.22 rifle that's this accurate out of the box.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Snowwolfe
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My 17 HMR will not feed the top 3 in the mag if I load 9. So far Beretta has been unresponsive to my phone calls and voice mails.
Consider yourself lucky.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:37 PM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Snowwolfe- If I recall right, I started a return for one of the defective magazines on Beretta's USA site. I had a replacement mailed to me within a couple of days. They had a pre-paid label for me that I printed out to send them back the defective one.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Snowwolfe
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I never gave any thought to contacting the dealer who sold it to me until some guys from another forum mentioned it. So I fired off an email to EuroOptics and within an hour they called me saying they contacted Beretta and asked them to help me resolve the issue.

Europtics contact with Beretta seemed to have worked. Received an email yesterday morning from Beretta saying a new mag is on the way. They said if new mag doesn't fix it they want to see the rifle.

Sad Beretta ignores its buying base by not returning phone calls. Its good when a seller steps up and goes the extra step.

If/When the new mag arrives I'll update this thread.