Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tactical 10/22 Pics

2M views 3K replies 875 participants last post by  AzShooter 
#1 · (Edited)
i wanna build a 10/22 probably with black/ silver scope, bi-pod and pistol grip please post pics of your rifles. folding stocks or ar styled too

#3 · (Edited)
Personally, i would rather go with a nice sporter stock with that "sniper" look. I need to get my cam up and running again but i'll post stats and you can pursue the items if you'd like.

Stats are:
Butler Creek Sporter Synthetic Black Stock-the only thing i have to complain about is the front sling swivel. When i tightened up my bipod it came loose. There's an easy fix though. Just get you one of the sline swivels with the nuts and it will go right through and fit perfect. Just take the stock off, put it through, tighten the nut and you're set.

EABCO 17M2 Barrel-Great for hunting purposed and probably for bullseye but i don't have a high power scope on mine.

Titanium firing pin-this improves lock time and decreases chance of misfires, great addition if you ask me. Easy installation also.

Power Custom hammer and sear kit along with some trigger work by my gunsmith set at 2.6lbs with minimal creep and overtravel. You have an accurate gun........you gotta have a good trigger.

Extended mag release-tired of sticking your finger up and holding the rifle with the other arm. Extend your mag release and continue with no look mag changes while you stay on target. Mandatory upgrade.

Magnum research 17M2 bolt handle-nice and chunky for easy cocking.

Automatic bolt release-turns another two handed procedure into a one hand ease.

Harris bipod-a must for any tactical rifle. Great durability and great adjustment.

Now on to optics:
Power custom weaver base-put this base on with a little blue locktite and as my little food buddy says.......SET IT AND FORGET IT!

Weaver topmount rings-i'm a fan of weaver rings, never had any problems.

Burris 2-7-Great little scope that stays on zero and is very clear, nothing more, nothing less.

Butler Creek flip ups-makes the rifle look tough and also protects your scope from oil and other gun essentials.

Sorry if i babbled a little bit, but i love talking guns.

My whole rifle is black and looks mean. I love it and it was my first 10/22 that i bought from a friend and just couldn't stop buying stuff.

The only thing i have to add is kidd pins and a recoil buffer to get rid of that CLANK.

#4 ·
ipscshooter said:
It was that metal L shaped thing. What its supposed to do is keep the barrel band from coming off by going underneath it. That way, there is pressure pushing outward on th band but the L thing has a notch making sure it doesn't move.
:yeahthat:

I still have my choate pistolstock (exactly what soundwave has) in its original form. ispcshooter is correct on the cut away.

edit: ispc, what did you use for the cheek rest and how is it held in place?

#19 ·
Mine

It is an actual folder from before the ban. The barrel is threaded and the flash supressor is from an M16 A2.

#25 ·
Cassings said:
Wow BDB, I was thinking about putting a piticanny rail and a grip like that on one of mine.

I like it.
It was only $8 at cabelas and the rail is off of ebay. I just attached it with some screws and there you have it, works great to track a bouncing jackrabbit.

#26 ·
well i got my first 10-22 selling the barrel and stock. getting its trigger job right now. then its time to start ordering some nice black parts. ill post some pics when it is done but it will probably be after xmas. if any more suggestions or pics post it. bump