Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How 22lr cartridge is made... Video?

934 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  22weee 
#1 ·
IS there a video of how this cartridge is made ????

I seem to recall there was a video, but never got to see it. And after a lot of searching, youtube and all, I came up empty.

#5 ·
#11 ·
According to the video, speed test is done with a handgun. And I would assume that's pretty standard across industry. The handgun may be at best 6" barrel.

So if you're shooting 10" Charger or 20" Kidd barrel, for examples, your speed may increase to over 70fps, by and large.
http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html

The term Subsonic for 22lr ammo is generally 1050-1070fps, except for CCI Quiet 710fps, meant for short barrels. Such ammo would be Sonic with longer barrels than what they were rated with.

FWIW. Required speed to overcome sound barrier is generally 1130fps ('ish) for dry air at around 70F. Humidity doesn't change it much, less than 10fps with change from 70%-95% RH. But air pressure changes it the most, as pressure and temperature are related. If I remember correctly, 90F's require higher speed than 50F's, by several tens of fps. In other words, it's easier to go sonic at lower temp or lower pressure.

#13 ·
According to the video, speed test is done with a handgun. And I would assume that's pretty standard across industry. The handgun may be at best 6" barrel.

So if you're shooting 10" Charger or 20" Kidd barrel, for examples, your speed may increase to over 70fps, by and large.
http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html

The term Subsonic for 22lr ammo is generally 1050-1070fps, except for CCI Quiet 710fps, meant for short barrels. Such ammo would be Sonic with longer barrels than what they were rated with.
No, 22 is velocity tested in much longer barrels, 24" is what I usually see listed. And no, subsonic ammo isn't going to go above subsonic under any normal circumstances in longer barrels obviously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.