Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Jan 2014 RFC Silhouette Matches

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TOP PREDATOR 
#1 · (Edited)
March 2014 RFC Silhouette Matches

ALL SHOOTERS WELCOME!​

Doesn't cost anything, for fun and bragging rights, and we share beneficial information learned each month.

This is this month's thread for posting scores for our monthly matches, any side discussion, learnings, teachings, tips and tricks or questions should be done here: RFC SILHOUETTE Q&A, TIPS, TRICKS, and DISCUSSIONS

The format for posting scores, scorecards, targets, rules etc can be found here: RFC MONTHLY SILHOUETTE RULES / PRINTABLE TARGETS

PREVIOUS 2014 SCORES:​

Jan 2014 - no scores posted

2013 RFC Silhouette scores

RFC SILHOUETTE HALL OF FAMERS (5 IN A ROWS B, A, AA - 10 IN ROWS AAA & M - GRAND SLAMS):​

STANDARD RIFLE

BOWMAN26, AAA, 10 IN A ROW PIGS.......NOV. 2012​
STRUGL4X'SC, AAA, 10 IN A ROW PIGS.......APR. 2013​

HUNTING RIFLE

COWBOY4, AAA, 10 IN A ROW PIGS.......JULY 2012
STRUGL4X'SC, AAA, 10 IN A ROW TURKEY.......MARCH 2013
PRPLBKRR, B, 5 IN A ROW PIGS.......OCTOBER 2013​

USEFUL LINKS​

See less See more
#2 ·
MATCH #1
DIVISION- Standard
SHOOTER CLASS- B
FIREARM-Ruger 10/22 Custom w/Green Mt. Barrel
OPTICS-Weaver V-24
AMMO-Eley Target
TARGETS-1/5 NRA Steel Spinners
WEATHER-15* - Wind 5mph when I set-up, Picked up to 20-25 mph as I started

Chickens-0
Pigs- 0
Turkeys-0
Rams-0

My bench ( a picnic table) is under 18" of snow. I drag it to the appropriate yardage line with the ATV, all my targets are in front of the one berm. With all that snow, I can't get the ATV to the range. In the spring, I am going to redo the range so the bench stays put and simply put the animals at the correct ranges to eliminate this problem. Not using this as an excuse, but was impossible to get the scope dialed in under these conditions. Well, maybe I am using this as an excuse.:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.