Cheap SA-22 Rifles (again) - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:05 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
I wonder if the CDNN info is correct, showing the 22 short with the same length barrel as the 22lr.
They also show a 10 round capacity on the .22 Shorts, think it will hold a couple more.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:51 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
iirc, 15 rounds in magazine, 22" barrel.

Last edited by OldWolf; 08-02-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: barrel length correction
Old 08-02-2017, 09:23 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Production is going strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
I doubt that they are going to discontinue that model. But if they are, I'm going to go ahead and order a long rifle since that's on my list.
Emailed Browning, here is their reply...

Quote:
Brad, thanks for your email. We defiantly have no plans to discontinue the SA22. I contacted our product manager and he said its still going strong. Thanks. br
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post

My list has a Remington 1100 ...
In .410 on it....
PM sent!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Emailed Browning, here is their reply...
I spoke with my LGS this morning.He was unaware of any plans to discontinue the model.(though we both agree-CDNN is where models go to die)

He also said the ATD was now a slow seller for him.In any case, I see it as a a disservice to their dealer network to blow these guns out so far under retail.

The short model has a 22" barrel btw)
Old 08-02-2017, 12:42 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
The Short models are not cataloged per my LGS yesterday, won't guarantee the accuracy of that but he did call, so do I buy a sight unseen Maple Short? I've seen gorgeous wood and I've seen plain as a post Maple on these, decisions, decisions.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:10 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I just ordered directly from the CDNN website and had it sent to my LGS.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms....ber=22%20SHORT
Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
The Short models are not cataloged per my LGS yesterday, won't guarantee the accuracy of that but he did call, so do I buy a sight unseen Maple Short? I've seen gorgeous wood and I've seen plain as a post Maple on these, decisions, decisions.
I suppose that you can ask,but I would think that you just get the next box on the shelf.That's pretty much how it works at most places.Just so much cherry picking that they will do or not do at all. I do agree-I've seen nice maple and not so nice.I would probably go with walnut as being a safer bet.
Years ago, I think that I got lucky with one of the Grade II shorts that CDNN was offering.. A very pretty gun for 700.It's no longer here,it was never fired,but I was pleased with it...and as many of you know, I'm fussy.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:40 AM
rustymusket
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cheap SA-22s

There are those who want a great classic firearm but don't want to spend the "big bucks" to pay for an older, better model.
For example, my family has a Grade I Belgian Browning SA-22 (2T-series--LR chamber) built in 1962 with the light shade figured stock--often referred to as the "Belgian blondies".
It is in beautiful condition with no appreciable damage to the stock or metal. Blueing is immaculate. Functions perfectly and has been meticulously maintained all these years.
We made the decision to sell it so I took it to one of the largest gun shows in the area. I was 'overwhelmed' by potential buyers as soon as I took it out of its carry case and assembled it, but, for some reason, they wereall 'turned off" by my $900 asking price. Some were so bold as to offer me "Norinco" prices for it.
For a "55-year old blond that doesn't look a day older than 20"?
"Yer pays yer monies and takes yer cherce (choice)."
Rusty Musket
(It's still available if anyone is interested in adding it to their collection!)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 AM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My first SA was a light colored walnut Belgium. They really were almost as light as a Maple.

I would be afraid to order a Maple stocked SA sight unseen

I would guess odds of getting a spectacular Maple stock is better than 10-1.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymusket View Post
There are those who want a great classic firearm but don't want to spend the "big bucks" to pay for an older, better model.
For example, my family has a Grade I Belgian Browning SA-22 (2T-series--LR chamber) built in 1962 with the light shade figured stock--often referred to as the "Belgian blondies".
It is in beautiful condition with no appreciable damage to the stock or metal. Blueing is immaculate. Functions perfectly and has been meticulously maintained all these years.
We made the decision to sell it so I took it to one of the largest gun shows in the area. I was 'overwhelmed' by potential buyers as soon as I took it out of its carry case and assembled it, but, for some reason, they wereall 'turned off" by my $900 asking price. Some were so bold as to offer me "Norinco" prices for it.
For a "55-year old blond that doesn't look a day older than 20"?
"Yer pays yer monies and takes yer cherce (choice)."
Rusty Musket
(It's still available if anyone is interested in adding it to their collection!)
Walking a nice Belgian 22 at a gun show and expecting dealer retail? Not likely. The wrong venue for sure.Too many bargain hunters,scroungers,sight seers,not to mention the vast majority of folks that think any rimfire should only command a few hundred.
I'm into the Belgians myself,and still have my first blonde acquired in 1968.
I have doubts that this website is the right place to offer one over 600. THE PLACE seems to be GI.More of the right stuff on there than any other website. I don't know if they're selling however.Like a lot of things,nice classic guns appeal to an older set of folks.Many of us are in non acquisition mode or downsizing mode.I've even considered selling mine(except the 68,which was a birthday present),but I hate to break the set.

Last edited by Camster; 08-03-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:39 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Okay, this is nuts.
CDNN lowered the 22LR SA22 to $399.99 after rebate.
I think I will order one this weekend to go with my 22 Short SA22.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Yep, I did it, I ordered one.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:48 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Yep, I did it, I ordered one.

Wow..
I neeed to order another short *
Yes ...yes i do.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:27 PM
outdoorman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got a question: why is the 22 short version so popular?
I'm just about to buy an SA-22 from CDNN so want to decide which caliber to get.