Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Light strikes on BL 22

Ok , I got the new scope on, and for giggles I put on a hammer extender. Went to the range, to do the 22 short challenge, and I got a bunch of light strikes. So I try out some Lr, again with the light strikes. Since this didnít happen before I put the extender on , I deduced it was the culprit. Off it came , and and away went the light strikes . My bl 22 grade 2 was purchased used, but in 97% condition. Went I tested the trigger, I thought, what are people complain about, the has a smidge of pre travel wall and a crisp light break and no post travel. But Iím not that trigger sensitive. Well now I think the trigger was reworked and itís got lighter springs , and the little weight of the grove tech hammer extender is just enough to slow the hammer down and lighten the strike. Donít that beat all?
Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Ok , I got the new scope on, and for giggles I put on a hammer extender. Went to the range, to do the 22 short challenge, and I got a bunch of light strikes. So I try out some Lr, again with the light strikes. Since this didnít happen before I put the extender on , I deduced it was the culprit. Off it came , and and away went the light strikes . My bl 22 grade 2 was purchased used, but in 97% condition. Went I tested the trigger, I thought, what are people complain about, the has a smidge of pre travel wall and a crisp light break and no post travel. But Iím not that trigger sensitive. Well now I think the trigger was reworked and itís got lighter springs , and the little weight of the grove tech hammer extender is just enough to slow the hammer down and lighten the strike. Donít that beat all?
Sounds like a logical reason, due to the greater mass of the hammer/extender.

If the extender didn't cause you too much cash, you could try and file down any excess metal you might find unnecessary. I'd start trying a little bit of removal, and test for light strikes. Of course if you feel you don't want to alter the extension due to cost, that's understandable. I'd personally try filing down a little bit, testing, and if you get it to work, just put some cold-blue on the metal, or if it's Aluminum, I'd use a black sharpie, or Aluma-black to cover over the filing marks.

it's worth a shot.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Itís in the parts box.

9 bucks. For a grovtec , on Amazon. I could return it . But not worth it. I donít cock the hammer that often, and if I need it be safe Iíll just open the lever.