Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:29 PM
scott36854

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sa-22 wheel sight serial #'s

I have short only sa-22 with a few different numbers on it. Hoping someone could clarify what all this means. it has A7 311 in the buttstock plate where the spring loaded mag tube enters. on the face of the receiver it has A7084 ( i am not real sure that is an 8). the face of the trigger assembly that slides out has A 2036.

Does any of this make sense? I have read there were some mismatched units that were sold.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:55 PM
scott36854

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No one has any thoughts on these mismatched numbers?
Old 07-13-2018, 03:39 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Duuno. Could have a Carnival gallery rifle and cobbled together as they were shot a zillion times.
I have a Grade III with the wheel sight and serial # is on the butt plate only with the original fitted luggage case, mint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
I gave you my opinion in a pm.
I really don't think they left the factory with multiple numbers like that.Errors do occur in the manufacturing process, but not to that extent. (and I've never heard of any FN made gun leaving the factory with that situation in any form)
I can't see any other explanation that a bunch of them being torn down for service and reassembled with no concern for matching numbers.The fact that it is a short,which could have seen gallery use,reinforces that notion.
Sorry if this isn't the explanation that you're seeking.
Stuff happens in 50-60 years of existence for lots of things.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 PM
scott36854

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Camster. I never got the PM. I thought I had sent you one a few weeks ago asking your thoughts on this. I knew you would know if anyone would.But it doesn't show up in my sent list and I didn't get your reply. Anyway, the little rifle is in really good shape, i kind of doubt it was a gallery gun, but that does make perfect sense. I'd sure like to have a little grade III like you have. sounds nice. These little rifles are addictive.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:26 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah, I think they did.

I bought a NIB '59 Belgian Wheel Sight in 1960. I have mentioned this before, but I couldn't find the post for referral. The serial number on the front of the action is not the same as the SN which surrounds the ammunition tube in the butt stock.

Go figure.

VH