Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:28 PM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
izh 35m scope mount?

So I finally located another izh 35m. I always really liked my old one, never should have sold it. I know most folks aren't fans, but it is what it is.

This one has some issues. Mag drops out on occasion during firing!, and it didn't come with a scope mount. As I was planning on replacing the crappy push button with a heel lock retainer anyways, figured I'd wait until later to figure out %%% is wrong there.

As parts are fairly impossible to obtain, does anyone know a source for a mount, or an alternate part that works? I figure I could make one if I owned a drill press.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceweazel View Post

This one has some issues... and it didn't come with a scope mount.
I didn't realize any of them came w/ scope mounts? Weren't target pistols [at least of that era] irons only?
Old 03-04-2020, 06:07 PM
rgee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You might be able to adapt another weaver rail - mine came with the factory rail

IMG_0886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2020, 10:25 AM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Always wondered if the board software could double quote. let's see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
I didn't realize any of them came w/ scope mounts? Weren't target pistols [at least of that era] irons only?

For the original models in Russia it seemed to be an option from what I see in their manuals. However ALL of the export models did come with a mount, best I can tell. IJ35s and some early izh's had a '1911 style' side mount with a perch. More modern ones (mp35?) I assume come with, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgee View Post
You might be able to adapt another weaver rail - mine came with the factory rail
Would you mind terribly measuring the total rail length? Mostly curious. I can get hole measurements off mine.

Yes I was hoping someone else had already took the time to figure out if any of the million models they have aren't difficult to do this with, or line up. I no longer have a drill press so it will be a small amount of annoyance to figure out, and get it done.

On the plus side a not-so-local GS I know of an hour away was blowing out ALL their weaver mounts. There were probably 6 or 7 different kinds of flat-bottomed mounts that might have worked. Just have to disassemble mine and drag the shroud over and see if anything lines up.

Kind of hoping to avoid all the driving and drilling. I know SOMEONE must have had this issue before in the last 20 years. And on this board more than likely I'm following their footsteps, though I don't see it in searches here or on over on targettalk.

I know Bsquare made an izh-46 air gun mount. Guess I'll reach out and see if they ever made a 35 mount.

Last edited by iceweazel; 03-05-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:29 PM
rgee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dimensional Info

Iceweazel

Sorry - busy today - will try to get to it later Friday or Saturday

RGee
Old 03-08-2020, 10:26 AM
rgee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)