Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Lets see your "Best Group"

164K views 436 replies 227 participants last post by  cznut 
#1 ·
Ok. I like pictures. Lets see your "Best Group" from any model CZ Rifle in any caliber. Post the pic, the model and caliber of the rifle and the yardage. Lets see um!

CZ 452 22lr at 50 yards.

See less See more
#31 ·
Boy there are some great group here...sort of hate to post any of mine.

But here is my best set of groups that I have pics of from my 452 Lux WMR at 100 yards:

And the best single group at 100 yards from that same gun:

And a single group fired at 100 yards with my 452 Lux .22 LR:

Best series of groups with my 452 FS at 50 yards:

And forgive me, but I shot this yesterday at 50 yards but not with a CZ...with Anschutz 1710 DHB.... :hide:

may be my best group to date:

#33 ·
It is funny. Because of the RFC banner that happens to be at the top of the page this week, every time I jump to a new page I see: "WOW! You guys are incredible." in big fat type. Well, it also happens to be true. Pump, those 100 yard groups will have physicists scratching their heads in years to come. I can't tell you how many times I heard that .22 LR is not a 100 yard ammunition. Ha. Don't think a squirrel would survive long at 100 yards in this group . . . thanks for snowing a newbie how it is done (or at least demonstrating that it can be done).

#43 ·
Took my version of the Ameri-Scout/Super Scout out to the range for a quick sight in earlier this week, it didn't care for Aquila SV, SK Stan. Plus started showing promise, then the one group with SK Rifle Match just shocked the heck out of me. The sun was in a position that made more shooting impossible and this was a good place to stop. I'll back up to 50 yards for the next round but those bug holes make you feel giddy. :)

Before annotations… and by itself…

If it continues shooting like that we'll become fast friends.

#45 ·
Folks, I just love to see targets from an accurate rifle. A very accurate rifle is what I strive to own every time I purchase one. It amazes me that some people you talk to say they have a accurate rifle and really don't know what an accurate rifle is. I see it all the time at my local range. Maybe its because they have never shot one and just don't know how good the groups can really be. But there is no denying that the CZ is one of the most accurate 22 rifles right out of the box for under $500. These are some great groups folks. Keep um coming!

#49 · (Edited)
One holers

Best group I took a pic of, sorry for the poor quality, low light.

452 American lefty, Leupold 2-7, Winchester 20gr Gamepoint 50yds. On Target plots it right at .800 MOA. Was aiming at the 10. The rifle will do this with the 17gr V-max as well.

To Mr. Swiss, I like your style! We share the same preference for targets.

Two four shot groups, one with the same 452 and the other with a friend's Savage. He sold the Savage due to his favoritism of the 5mm Rem he now shoots.

#55 ·

Best group I took a pic of, sorry for the poor quality, low light.

452 American lefty, Leupold 2-7, Winchester 20gr Gamepoint 50yds. On Target plots it right at .800 MOA. Was aiming at the 10. The rifle will do this with the 17gr V-max as well.

To Mr. Swiss, I like your style! We share the same preference for targets.

Two four shot groups, one with the same 452 and the other with a friend's Savage. He sold the Savage due to his favoritism of the 5mm Rem he now shoots.
And for a lot of folks...that is the most important kind of accuracy....:D

Mostly head shots I notice. :bthumb:

#50 ·
Just luck of the draw but my cz 452 silhouette style will shoot good groups with basic federal ammo.The attached groups were shoot at 50 yards with the gun stock out of the box with a Bushnell 4x12 40 mm scope. With good weather and calm winds it will shoot these groups consistently.

#51 ·
I almost gave up…
I got my first 22 about a year ago (CZ455 American with Nikon Prostaff Rimfire). I was able to shoot about 0.80-1.00 in at 50 yd of Caldwell bags that I set up on the top of my ATV using 711B or CCI SV. Even after I bedded the action I probably averaged 0.70 with SK Std+. 9 months into it, I was ready to give up and accept the 0.70. Then I read a post about defective crowns….sure enough mine was a mess too. So I did one more modification (lapped the crown with a brass tool I bough on e-bay). Finally things improved.
This is the first outing after the crown was redone. Caldwell bags set up on the top of my ATV; 50 YD, 15C no wind, SK Std+.

I am a happy camper now. The rifle shoots under 1/2 in most of the time. Thanks goes to all who share their knowledge openly on this great site!

#58 ·
I didnt measure them but the red is 1 inch,,top one is high .2 to low .3 and bottom was high .4 to low .5

I was actually just checking zero after a range trip that included 45 MOA of elevation and almost 10 MOA of wind,,set the M1 knobs back to zero and shot those targets back to back with over 100 rounds since it was cleaned,,

rifle in its normal settings

#59 ·
Good deal bro. I was feeling pretty good about my groups til I caught a gander of that top group Of yours. That one is pretty astounding IMHO. Anything that shoots a 5 shot group half Moa or less has earned a spot in the safe to me. By the way I wish my 527 didn't have the sst,I am just kidding as I love the thing, because now I want all my 452's to have the sst too.
Eddie

#63 ·
These groups are out of the park fellas, hats off! I'm a true CZ newbie, got my 452 Trainer out for a second time today, middle of an ice storm but otherwise good conditions. Once again I failed to bring targets (old age creeping up on me) so I hit the local Walmart which had nothing but big Shoot-N-Sees or target dots.

2 5-shot groups, scattered 5 were SK HVHP, rounds 1-5 from clean, 26-30 lifetime. Group was Aguila SE Sub 40 gr. RN, rounds 36-40, 61-65 lifetime. I kicked myself for not sticking another dot up instead of re-using the sighter.

Stock 452 Trainer with .010" sear shim, 14 in. lbs. torque, stock tangent sights, 25 yds. rested.

Humble as it is:

I know I don't need better for squirrel gittin but man you guys make me wanna practice more!

#64 ·
These groups are out of the park fellas, hats off! I'm a true CZ newbie, got my 452 Trainer out for a second time today, middle of an ice storm but otherwise good conditions. Once again I failed to bring targets (old age creeping up on me) so I hit the local Walmart which had nothing but big Shoot-N-Sees or target dots.

2 5-shot groups, scattered 5 were SK HVHP, rounds 1-5 from clean, 26-30 lifetime. Group was Aguila SE Sub 40 gr. RN, rounds 36-40, 61-65 lifetime. I kicked myself for not sticking another dot up instead of re-using the sighter.

Stock 452 Trainer with .010" sear shim, 14 in. lbs. torque, stock tangent sights, 25 yds. rested.

Humble as it is:

I know I don't need better for squirrel gittin but man you guys make me wanna practice more!
I can sure relate.....when I drive down below the house to my 100 yard range in the woods there...it is a given that I am going to forget something and have to return to get it. The only question is what. Old age indeed. :D

Good shooting for the conditions......I would not be able to hit the proverbial barn in an ice storm.....:eek:

#65 · (Edited)
Here is on I shot today off my custom one piece rest using Eley Club at 50 yards. It was the best group of the day. I really don't think I can get this 452 Trainer to shoot any better and keep it a sporter rifle, which is under 8 lbs for our local matches. By using the one piece rest, I know the gun can do it as long as I do my part.