Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 AM
bluezdog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
me and my new r55

Just picked myself up a new r55 benchmark, and I am all giddy about getting it to the range and treating it like I hate it. Im all new (i.e. dumb) to this rimfire thing and to this site (which looks great) so please be gentle with me. I know not to shoot stingers threw it (cause the owners manual said so), is there any other ammo that I should look out for (good or bad), why is there so many velocity choices (isn,t fastest best). What is the 13mm club and what do I do to join. Can the r55 be tricked out further ( I like to tinker), any aftermarket parts for them?,etc., etc.,. I know I'm asking alot, but I like to be as informed as I can, so any info on this gun would be greatly apprecieted...THANKS..
Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Welcome to RFC and congrats on your new rifle! Try some CCI minimags and Federal Automatch as you learn about your rifle. Eventually, try dome target grade ammo, Wolf, Lapua, Eley and if you can shoot 4 rounds into groups 13mm or smaller you can submit your target and join the 13mm Club. Getting there is its own reward.

Last edited by timberbeast; 11-26-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM
ShakyJake
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi bluezdog,
Also a big welcome to this forum. I have an earlier model 22 Classic. She shoots quite well with CCI Minimag. As timberbeast63 noted trying several different brands until you find the one that shoots the tiniest hole is the most fun. The 13mm group is more of a challenge than it sounds, but there are a few of the 22 Classic-r55 that have met the requirements. They are probably limited more by the person pulling the trigger than anything else . Again welcome and look forward to hearing from you as you enjoy your new r55 benchmark.
TaKe CaRe
Ted