Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:01 PM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kenyon Trigger

I have a Kenyon trigger in my Winchester 52E Intl. Match rifle. I cannot reduce the pull below about 1 pound because the bolt will not cock. Does anyone know the range of trigger pull in ounces that I can expect or am I expecting too much from the trigger?

Before you mention dokey, Pete says he has never worked on Kenyon triggers.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:27 PM
blvedere
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Kenyon

Don't know about Kenyon, but on most of my adjustable triggers, it is possible to set more engagement of sear.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:38 PM
Seewin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (69)
I replace the springs in mine, and they will go down to the low ounces. Make sure they are clean inside before attempting any adjustments.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 04:12 PM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, thanks guys. These are two good ideas. There is a sear adjustment on the trigger and I'll probably try that first if I can get to it without removing the action from the stock. The rifle is bedded and I'm afraid to disturb it. Also I've read somewhere that it's not a good idea to open up the trigger because it's so tightly held together. I'll get back with you on it.
Thanks, Phil
Old 06-14-2021, 07:59 PM
Johnymango

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's actually fairly easy to open it up and clean if you have to. I recently did mine and it's not hard at all.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:18 AM
Hip's Ax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Hip's Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
Ok, thanks guys. These are two good ideas. There is a sear adjustment on the trigger and I'll probably try that first if I can get to it without removing the action from the stock. The rifle is bedded and I'm afraid to disturb it. Also I've read somewhere that it's not a good idea to open up the trigger because it's so tightly held together. I'll get back with you on it.
Thanks, Phil
You should clean and lubricate your Kenyon at least once a year. 52's are not like M1 Garands or M1As with removing the action from the bedding. Take the action out, remove and open the trigger up and take the levers out, clean them and lubricate everything before you try anything else.

Go slowly least you launch some springs.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:36 AM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, guys I had success this morning. I removed the trigger guard which allowed easy access to both the sear adjustment and the trigger pull screws. I tweaked the sear out just a tad and slowly turned the trigger pull out in very small increments. I got the pull down to an about an ounce but figuring that it would probably be unsafe I backed it in to about 4 ounces. The bolt closes just fine now even slapped down hard. I'll try it at the range on Thursday.

I thank you all for your suggestions, however, I still don't think I want to pull the action out and risk leaving cracks in the bedding.

Love this forum.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:09 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
Well, guys I had success this morning. I removed the trigger guard which allowed easy access to both the sear adjustment and the trigger pull screws. I tweaked the sear out just a tad and slowly turned the trigger pull out in very small increments. I got the pull down to an about an ounce but figuring that it would probably be unsafe I backed it in to about 4 ounces. The bolt closes just fine now even slapped down hard. I'll try it at the range on Thursday.

I thank you all for your suggestions, however, I still don't think I want to pull the action out and risk leaving cracks in the bedding.

Love this forum.

Phil,

Your range or mine? I will have my 52E with me on Thursday.

AJ