Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:58 AM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I picked up a really nice 1981 10-22 carbine for $200. Too nice. Wife took it. I am looking for a not so nice one to modify.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:50 AM
n2omike
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Sales tax is charged on retail sales , in states where the item is purchased that charge sales tax. On line sales, now subject to sales tax ala “ Wayfair” decision.. Manufactures generally dont have retail sales.
Irrelevant. If you read the article, our governor is promoting guns by excusing them from any kind of sales tax, and offering any gun companies huge tax incentives. This starts July 1. Guns and ammo will be tax free. I learned about it from the owner of the local gun store. They exempted food from sales tax as well some time ago as well.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:28 PM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (102)
Quote:
Exactly. And, that one is stainless, even.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2omike View Post
Irrelevant. If you read the article, our governor is promoting guns by excusing them from any kind of sales tax, and offering any gun companies huge tax incentives. This starts July 1. Guns and ammo will be tax free. I learned about it from the owner of the local gun store. They exempted food from sales tax as well some time ago as well.
Didnt see see HUGE tax incentives mentioned in the article. Maybe thats to offset the 6.5 % Corporate income tax, and or the same individual tax rate.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:45 PM
n2omike

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Didnt see see HUGE tax incentives mentioned in the article. Maybe thats to offset the 6.5 % Corporate income tax, and or the same individual tax rate.
The state government here finds ways to actually PROMOTE guns, gun makers and gun ownership... and all you can do is try and find ways to pick it apart? You live in Commiefornia, New York or some other similar state, and you are jealous or something?
Old 05-09-2021, 02:24 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
The state government here finds ways to actually PROMOTE guns, gun makers and gun ownership... and all you can do is try and find ways to pick it apart? You live in Commiefornia, New York or some other similar state, and you are jealous or something?
Nope, i think its great, that they are not going to charge sales tax on guns and ammo sold in your state.

I was responding to the implied assertion that somehow that would lure firearm and ammo manufacturers to your great state.

Totally missed the one liner in the article about tax credits, so i looked up the tax rates in your state. Which are pretty high, which is why credits might be needed.

And yes I am jealous
Old 05-09-2021, 05:25 PM
n2omike

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
That one is down to $400 now... which is a killer deal in today's market!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:08 AM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Can't go anywhere lately without constant griping about the labor shortage, kinda surprised guns arent a lot more.

Have one friend in the biz, his company has close to 20 positions unfilled. They payed above local average prior to .Gov competing with unemployment benefits. After not filling the positions for many months they set the math and accounting geeks to find out what it would take to outcompete .Gov
......... it was just pennies over what the local average had been in February 2020.

Needless to say the third shift that would catch them up will never happen as labor is higher than material cost for them.

At some point they cannot fill market or prices have to go up, way way way up.

Still see a few deals on the classifieds locally. All say the same thing "bought last year, can't find ammo. Rotating out still unfired".

Sadly its polymere 9s not interesting rimfires.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:22 PM
OldSwede

TPC Rating: 
100% (102)
Quote:
That one is down to $400 now... which is a killer deal in today's market!
I would most probably buy that gun were it anywhere but Armslist. I refuse to pay that kind of $$ to belong to a site, plus I have hear too.many horror stories about purchasing through AL.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:48 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
I would most probably buy that gun were it anywhere but Armslist. I refuse to pay that kind of $$ to belong to a site, plus I have hear too.many horror stories about purchasing through AL.
Its $1.00 a month . And you dont have to belong, to buy or sell. Just put your phone # or email address in the ad.

As for sending a stranger money and waiting ,, prolly never a good idea.

I just meet up in the gun stores parking lot. And inspect and buy or sell.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
I lean towards used purchases simply because Washington State doesn't charge sales tax on transfers if it is a used private sale. If it comes from a business, there is tax.

But that 900+ nuts.