Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Identification needed obsolete Anschütz Firing Pins

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  tim slater 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear Anschütz shooters,

Please can you help on the identification of two Anschütz firing pins, I found them in a lot of Anschütz airgun parts from an old German gunsmith.

I have found out they are from the "hopelessly obsolete, discontinued and hard to find" category.
Since my main hobby is airguns, I do not see these parts very often, so I cannot tell you more interesting things about them unfortunately.

Comparing pictures in old catalogues, best estimate is that they are for repeater bolt action rifles from the 1422 - 1532 series, but maybe they will fit other guns as well.
Are they rimfire or .22 Hornet?

They are 2 bolts and three springs.

Thanks!

See less See more
#12 ·
I still disagree. Professional pride, as you call it, does not fill their coffers. Anschutz are a business, not a charity for research into historic rifles. What Anschutz need, far more desperately than fussing over long gone products, is a new 0.22 match design that is seen as competitive with Walther.

Then they can worry about former products.

#15 ·
I never talked about business philosophy but their incompetence in identifying a part accurately.

All the assumptions about their future product developments have nothing to do with their incompetence to identify an older product that they sold by the hundred thousands and one that has built their success and reputation and it 's not as if they had hundreds of different models over the years where it would be hard and confusing to follow.

#17 ·
Automobile manufacturers aren't obliged to make parts for their vehicles in perpetuity. Under US law they are required to have parts available for models they sold for a period of ten years. Many may provide parts for much longer and of course other suppliers can make arrangements to produce parts also. That's good because cars and trucks always need parts.

Firearms also require parts, but no doubt it's not nearly as often as with vehicles. Is there a legal obligation for firearms makers to provide parts for a period of time? I don't know. But it's necessary to compare apples with apples. Perhaps there's a way to assess Anschutz's parts performance in a way that looks only at apples.

If Anschutz is to be faulted for not keeping a supply of parts for rifles from 40 or more years ago, how do the other major .22LR small bore match rifle makers -- notably Walther and FWB -- do in comparison? In other words, does Walther or FWB continue to provide parts and accurate service advice for their models that are 40 or more years old?

#18 ·
I am not sure, how Andy's comment on how a factory gunsmith at Anschutz should have had a better answer on an part no longer made for a rifle that basically has been unchanged in design in over 60+ years

To a debate on how they should not have to provide parts for a model no longer made. because they need to make money Duh, I know ammo is hard to find and shooters may be bored, but really! :rolleyes:

And to answer the RFC member who emailed me, of course I wouldn't go to Cadillac for a Ford part not sure what your point was on that!

Lee

#23 ·
The NSRA might have some parts buried in a drawer, but the shop hasn't offered technical services in years; they used Arthur Clarke for yonks, but he died over ten years ago, and his shop was never the same afterwards. I doubt they keep large stocks of discontinued spares; if they do, they don't advertise.

Yes, there are many older Match 54s, but who would sell the firing pin, unless they have a spare? The rifle is then useless. Fine if you buy the whole thing to cannibalise. A Somerset shooter was looking for 14xx firing pins two or three years ago. He ended up buying from Canada.

JP Gunsprings (US) makes new springs, but be prepared to be stung by HMRC for duty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.