Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:17 PM
kevin1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Vudoo Range Report

The rifle is a new Vudoo Apparition, 20Ē Ace Kukri barrel, KRG Bravo chassis with a TT Diamond set at 5 Oz. The scope is an Athlon ARES BTR 4.5X27.

The rifle:

Today was the first outing for the rifle. All shooting was done at 44Y in an indoor range from a bipod and a sand bag.
I started by shooting a couple of hundred of SK Mags. After that I cleaned the rifle, shot 50 rounds of SK mag, and then started shooting for groups:

This is Center X after shooting 50 rounds of a different ammo (SK Mag).
Average is 0.2263Ē with no flyers.

I shot a bunch of other rounds and shot another box of Center X with a dirty barrel and got an average of 0.2412

The groups I got with RWS Target and SK Mags are both in the 0.3s

I also shot Eley Target and CCI SV. But I stop shooting both after 10 rounds. With the CCI SV, as expected, the bolt was very hard to close. With Eley, I even had trouble loading the mag.

Iím pretty impressed with the accuracy of this rifle. It was built for Lapua offering and it shows. With Center X, the feeding is smooth and is shooting in the low 0.2s at 44Y on the first outing from a bipod. The rigid KRG chassis helps to have a very stable platform.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:43 PM
10ring1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
97% (60)
Good shooting. Just what I'd expect from a Vudoo. It will only get better

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2020, 03:09 AM
TarantulaHawk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks awesome!!

I just got my Vudoo tuesday and I'm hoping the weekend isn't to windy. I have a box of center-x, then a box of SK red and yellow. I threw my Vortex Viper PST II on today. I can't wait to see how it shoots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2020, 06:29 AM
Wagner

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Awesome shooting. That thing is lovin center x. Iím hoping my range report looks like yours.....Iím impatiently waiting on mine to be completed..
Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 AM
outbreaker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
Awesome shooting. That thing is lovin center x. Iím hoping my range report looks like yours.....Iím impatiently waiting on mine to be completed..
I am in your boat.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:15 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's pretty phenomenal shooting. I'd be shooting some BR competitions with that.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:07 PM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What is SK Mag? Magazine? If that's what it is, I believe it's slightly below SK Std+ on the SK totum pole, so that's pretty impressive. I've never bought any of the magazine stuff - have thought it'd be covered in bullet lube since it's bulk-packed.

I bought samples of five different lots of Std+ a year or so ago to test in my V22s. IIRC, 3 of the 5 lots shot good enough at 50yds that it made it a little difficult to pick the best of the three. I eventually bought a case of what I felt was the top dog in this test, and my only regret is not buying at least 2 cases of it.

Thanks for posting the results of initial shooting your new Vudoo - best wishes for continued enjoyment of shooting with it!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:19 PM
kevin1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
What is SK Mag? Magazine? If that's what it is, I believe it's slightly below SK Std+ on the SK totum pole, so that's pretty impressive. I've never bought any of the magazine stuff - have thought it'd be covered in bullet lube since it's bulk-packed.

I bought samples of five different lots of Std+ a year or so ago to test in my V22s. IIRC, 3 of the 5 lots shot good enough at 50yds that it made it a little difficult to pick the best of the three. I eventually bought a case of what I felt was the top dog in this test, and my only regret is not buying at least 2 cases of it.

Thanks for posting the results of initial shooting your new Vudoo - best wishes for continued enjoyment of shooting with it!
Yes, it's SK Magazine. I just wanted the cheapest SKs for the first few hundred rounds before shooting for groups. With the SK magazines, you can see that you get some flyers along with some pretty good groups.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kevin, those are pretty dang impressive. Try feeding that baby some SK Pistol Match. I think you will smile just as much.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:10 PM
TarantulaHawk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was hoping to do a range report with my new vudoo this weekend, but 25mph winds is going to make me wait
Old 03-06-2020, 06:23 PM
kevin1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Today I did a lot of shooting. It was outdoor at 50Y. Unfortunately, it was too windy (+10MPH) to get any meaningful groups. It was less windy later in the day (around 6MPH), but I didnít have any Center X left. So, I finished the day by shooting Lapua Pistol King and SK+. I got an average of 0.3053Ē and 0.3184Ē respectively, which is pretty good.

Iím looking forward to get a calm day to test the Center X at 50 and 100Y.

Lapua Pistol King

SK+
Old 03-07-2020, 07:10 PM
TarantulaHawk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I said screw the wind today. I'm shooting my new Vudoo!

Wind was 7-10 MPH all day, so I wasn't expecting amazing results, but I'm still thrilled how well it shot today. I did some ammo testing with CenterX, and SK plus and Rifle Match. Did testing at 50, 75, and 100 yds. I really don't believe the 50yd marker is exactly at 50 yds. Its a little longer walk to the 50 then it is from the 50 to the 100. I need to borrow a friends range finder and test it out.

50 and 75 yds it still shot really well even in the wind. At 100 everything opened up, but it was windy. Still looks 200% better then my 10/22 with no wind. I'll try and attach a picture of my target. I'm not good at those things.

After the ammo test I went to the long range and wanted to see if I could find the 200yd target. Luckily we have had a TON of rain this week. I mean a lot. I've never seen the range flooded, but there was a small lake in front of the 200yd berm. That really helped seeing my "splashes" to get on target. I got on the 5" target in 5 or 6 shots with the rest of my Standard Plus (I was using that to find the target at 50,75,and 100. New rifle) With the wind. I hit it 6 times in a row. Didn't miss once with the Rifle Match. Ran out of that ammo and decided to try and find the 10" gong at 300yds. That took about 14 shots to get on the plate and then I centered it with the rest of my rounds. Not much paint comes off at 300. That was hard to see. But in the end. I LOVE MY VUDOO!!!!

Going to buy more of the same ammo and hope for a calm no wind day and next weekend do it all over again and see how it compares to today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200307_193550574.jpg (257.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-08-2020, 10:26 AM
sof
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As you've read, it only gets better.

Two issues for me since I've had mine. It has changed my standards for what a really good target looks like, and has led to me buying more and better ammo. I suspect the two are related. Bet there a lot of other Vudoo shooters noticing those same issues!
Old 03-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Hoser
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks good. Solid shooting for sure.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:11 PM
jwtrimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kevin, Very nice rifle. What is the weight including the scope and bipod? Thanks.