Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2020, 02:21 AM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sako Quad Range club

Well, today I joined the Sako Quad club. Picked this up for an incredible price on GB with the sellers Buy Now option. It come LNIB with everything. Looks to have been unfired by the condition of everything including the the borescoped barrel.

This rifle come with the options of the Set Trigger which breaks at 10 oz and has the threaded barrel but the barrel is threaded 1/2x20. Thankfully I have an adapter to change to the 1/2x28 pitch. I also picked up two extra mags and a 17 HM2 Varmint barrel from Berettausa.com. Got a heck of a deal on all that with the GA208 coupon code for 20% off.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssofdeath View Post
This rifle come with the options of the Set Trigger which breaks at 10 oz and has the threaded barrel but the barrel is threaded 1/2x20. Thankfully I have an adapter to change to the 1/2x28 pitch.
Congratulations! Looking forward to the range reports. I was under the impression that the 1/2x20 was strictly for the Euro market.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:12 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I'm not sure if the Quad Range comes with 1/2x28 threads or not. Only reason I have an adapter on hand is I have a short barreled CZ 452 that was threaded at the factory and it is 1/2x20.

I played with my Quad Range trigger today. It is really similar to the T1x but with more adjustments. I only adjusted the screw that is in the same place as the T1x. Turning it out until it hits the mounting bolt reduced my pull from 1 lb 11 oz to 13 oz. This had no effect on the set trigger pull option, which remains at 10 oz. I tried to make it drop the sear but couldn't which is a good thing. Can't wait to get it on the bench and also install the 17 HM2 barrel. Rain rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2020, 05:54 PM
jagerman

TPC Rating: 
50% (2)
Quote:
Thanks. I'm not sure if the Quad Range comes with 1/2x28 threads or not. Only reason I have an adapter on hand is I have a short barreled CZ 452 that was threaded at the factory and it is 1/2x20.

I played with my Quad Range trigger today. It is really similar to the T1x but with more adjustments. I only adjusted the screw that is in the same place as the T1x. Turning it out until it hits the mounting bolt reduced my pull from 1 lb 11 oz to 13 oz. This had no effect on the set trigger pull option, which remains at 10 oz. I tried to make it drop the sear but couldn't which is a good thing. Can't wait to get it on the bench and also install the 17 HM2 barrel. Rain rain.
Its 1/2 20 congratulations on the latest purchase
Old 03-06-2020, 04:52 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. What I was saying about the threads was that I wasn't sure Sako made 1/2x28 threads, even for the US market.

Really windy today but I did find out that it takes 70 clicks on my .250" adjustment scope to get to zero when switching from 22 lr to 17 HM2. Windage wasn't affected much seems like. I'll check it again on a calmer day.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:41 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Well, today I joined the Sako Quad club. Picked this up for an incredible price on GB with the seller's Buy Now option. It came LNIB with everything. Looks to have been unfired by the condition of everything including the bore-scoped barrel.
kissofdeath - Congratulations on your Sako Quad Range - That's a nice looking rifle & setup. I appreciate the heads up on the discount as I have been wanting a couple of extra magazines. Mine had (1) 5-round 17M2/22 LR and then a 5 & 10 round 17 HMR/22 WMR mags. I tend to shoot the 22 LR barrel as switching the barrels requires removal of the scope which I am not fond of. I'm running a Vortex 6-18x44 AO with the V-Brite ( ) reticle. I even bought a BKL 263 MB ring set with .774" clearance to the bottom of the scope tube but still could not get the angle required to switch the barrel with that 44mm AO objective. I re-installed with the ring set provided with the rifle (not sure who made them), but they mount the scope where I want it. Mine also has the SST which I really -

No that is not a gun-muffler on the end of the barrel . . . just an empty tube, however, it adds a bit of weight and balance when shooting off-hand. The threaded portion is at the very front, thus most of the tube fits over the barrel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SakoQuad.jpg (531.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-07-2020, 01:32 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That looks good. Was the tube something you come up with or is it sold? I'm thinking about getting quick release rings for this rifle just because of the switch barrel issue. I switched barrels a few times yesterday and having to remove the scope was irritating.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:33 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Was the tube something you come up with or is it sold? I'm thinking about getting quick release rings for this rifle just because of the switch barrel issue. I switched barrels a few times yesterday and having to remove the scope was irritating.
It came in the box as part of the purchase. I will try to take a couple pictures off the rifle so you get the idea of what it really looks like. Mine was also LNIB and the only disappointment was the "lack" of an additional 22LR magazine (5 or 10) round capacity and the T-Handle Torx, takedown tool which, was easily resolved at the local hardware store. . .

I'm guessing it's something that the previous owner made or had made as it provides no gun muffler function. Extra weight is helpful in shooting off-hand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DSC_1922.jpeg (53.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC_1927.jpeg (60.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC_1928.jpeg (54.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by rjferber; 03-08-2020 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added images of Muzzle ??????
Old 03-08-2020, 05:08 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't get any extra mags either, but the 17 HM2 barrel I recently bought from Beretta.usa come with a 5 round mag. Website never mentioned it, it wasn't in a package either, like the two 10 round mags I bought from them. It was just laying in the box.

After discovering the DIP bolt handle on one of my Tikka T1x is compatible with the Quad I decided to swap it out with the crappy "bean counter" plastic one. You have got to get one of these.