Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:20 AM
jambuster
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 795

Got a new 795 about a month ago over in Little Rock at Academy. I mounted a Hawke 2X7AO in a UTG clamp/ring mount. Got out to the range Thursday to verify it would feed and shoot with out jamming. Shot 40 rounds of bulk Federal 22 with no issues. This is good cause the one I bought about 10 years ago will only feed 1 or 2 before jamming. I have worked on it on and off all this time with no improvement. I finallly got a new one.

i really like the trim hardiness of the 795 and great accuracy. It only took about 10 rounds to zero. Almost shoots as good as my model 60.
I bought a 70PSS last year but the barrel vibrates loose in about 10 shots. I am not happy with it. I am going to get rid of it in a cew months.

Jambuster
Old 02-24-2020, 07:28 AM
jabber6
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
They are a nice little platform. On the older 795 have you tried polishing the feed throat with a Dremel buffing wheel and some Brasso or something similar? Smoothing/shining those surfaces seems to help mine. Is the 70PSS coming loose even with wrench tightening? Iíve thought of trying something like teflon tape on mine, but mainly I just re-check it with the wrench periodically while shooting.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:47 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Nice gun with the right ammo

I got mine this past fall. The iron sights were pretty cheesy. Mine has a Simmons TargetPro 2x7x32 and hits all touching within a one inch bull at 50 yards using Aguila Super Extra CPHP. Other stuff works pretty well, but I get 500 round at the gun show for $21 including tax. The scope is on Leupold Rifleman Rimfire see-through mounts and I have Tech Sight TMS-200 iron sights which work really well under the scope. I really like the Aguila ammo, but CCI mini-mag, Rem Golden Bullet, and Blazer ammo worked well too. If you go bipod, sling mount models work with the molded in sling mounts. I really like mine. I hope you will too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2020, 12:56 AM
cpoakes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a problem with my Marlin 795 jamming and it turned out to be the lips on the magazines. They had expanded/become wider at the back and were dragging on the bolt. Tweaking them with pliers fixed the problem.

As a quick test, you can shoot your older 795 with the magazine from the new one. If that cures your problem, tweak the old mags to match the dimensions of the new one.