Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:34 AM
chinaski

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Picked up a 37 and follower question

This showed up in the local gun shop last week and was immediately snatched up by me and put on hold, went by on Sunday and completed the purchase. Rifle came with a hand stop and the 10x Unertl shown in the picture, Overall the gun is in great shape, looks like it was well cared for but not shot a tremendous amount, I still need to borescope it but may just shoot it first and see how it does, need to order a bore guide from Sinclair also.

This is the single shot adapter that came in the rifle, unfortunately no magazine was included Can anyone tell me if this is this an original or one of the Steve Earl ones?

Pretty excited about the rifle and am hoping to get out this weekend and shoot it, also the first Unertl I've owned so looking forward to messing with that also.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:53 PM
BlueRidgeParson

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Looks like an umolested Remington 37--- something of a rarity, as most have been altered in some way. Once you shoot it, you will certainly be hooked. The best American target rifle of the 20th Century in my humble opinion.

Great find!

BRP
Old 02-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Greg Palman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeParson View Post
Looks like an umolested Remington 37--- something of a rarity, as most have been altered in some way. Once you shoot it, you will certainly be hooked. The best American target rifle of the 20th Century in my humble opinion.

Great find!

BRP
on board with that sentiment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2020, 06:32 PM
oldshot50
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I need to find better LGSs! Nice piece. If that SSA is not an original, it is a very good reproduction, IMO. You will love shooting that fine old rifle. Feed it good ammo and it will surprise you. Any info on its date of manufacture? Congratulations!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:26 AM
chinaski

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Our store will get some goodies in once in a blue moon, sadly to say though most of them have been from old benchrest shooters passing away, sometimes the buyers will just get the firearms and sometimes they will get everything, I've gotten a few nice dies and reloading items that way.

I borescoped it last night, bore looks great with the exception of a little cleaning rod rubbing at the muzzle. Rifle dates to Sept 1947. Didn't get a chance to get it out this past weekend but hopefully weather permitting I can get it out Sat.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:17 AM
citation

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Looks like a very nice example. I second and third Parson's and Greg's sentiments re the 37. I predict this will not be your last!

oh, yes that appears to be an original ssa. I actually prefer those to the mag and wish I had more as opposed to the mag.

I think I have an extra mag somewhere that i'd probably trade you for your SSA.

Last edited by citation; 02-06-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:16 AM
citation

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshot50 View Post
I need to find better LGSs! Nice piece. If that SSA is not an original, it is a very good reproduction, IMO. You will love shooting that fine old rifle. Feed it good ammo and it will surprise you. Any info on its date of manufacture? Congratulations!
"I need to find better LGSs". Isn't that the truth! I can guarantee that there is nothing like this rifle for sale anywhere in Tulsa. Now, if you want an AR, kalishnikov or glock take your pic of 500 different venues. I don't even look anymore.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:09 PM
chinaski

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by citation View Post
I think I have an extra mag somewhere that i'd probably trade you for your SSA.

I appreciate it but I'll probably hang on to it and keep an eye out for a magazine, hoping to go to the fall Tulsa show, maybe find one there and overpay for it.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:28 AM
citation

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
yep, I think one should have a mag and ssa for each 37. I never use the mag, however. I've never had one that does not shave or at least "bump" slightly the cartridges upon bolt closing.