Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2020, 05:58 PM
william
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Best deal On A Anschutz 1710 D KL ?

I have learned from experience that the sites that list the best deals on firearms aren't always correct
Old 02-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Best price?

The first question that you have to ask yourself: Do you want the cheapest price? or the nicest example.ie, wood is important to you.
Odds of getting both are remote.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:09 PM
william

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
The first question that you have to ask yourself: Do you want the cheapest price? or the nicest example.ie, wood is important to you.
I haven't seen them listed in grades. Some dealers have them listed $100+ different in price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
I haven't seen them listed in grades. Some dealers have them listed $100+ different in price.
There are grades and better wood available if you pay up at Anschutz North America.

Some dealers like Pacific Sporting Arms have some pull in getting examples with better wood.You''ll most likely pay full retail.

Otherwise, wood quality can vary from example to example. Some guys don't care about wood grain,etc. Its just a utility piece for them. I happen to be a wood nut.

Champion's Choice has good pricing.

A place like Bud's has good pricing, but you're just buying the next box on the shelf, sight unseen. It may have nice wood. It may have a knot or something unappealing.You pay your money and take your chances.

If you're spending 2k for something, sometimes it's better to just throw another hundred or two in the pot, and get something extra nice,which will have better resale down the road.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Consider this...

As said, you haven't provided your criteria regarding what's important to you. I like used rifles in like-new condition for the three reasons I consider important:

First with a used rifle you can get a picture of what you're getting. Otherwise with a new rifle it's a crapshoot regarding looks and likely to be plain. As said, some sellers will provide pictures of the actual new rifle you can buy. Nice stocks carry a hefty premium.

The second reason is with a used rifle you can usually learn about how accurate it is relative to others, otherwise also a crapshoot with a new rifle. Some require accuracy measured on a bench; others are satisfied with minute-of-squirrel accuracy. If someone credible tells you how accurate theirs is, ask them to sell it to you.

Third, the price of a used rifle is less and you can usually get what you paid for it when selling, like renting for free. Personally, while popular with some I'm allergic to depreciation unless it's on a tax return...Tom

Last edited by Thomasconnor; 02-06-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
As said, you haven't provided your criteria regarding what's important to you. I like used rifles in like-new condition for the three reasons I consider important:

First with a used rifle you can get a picture of what you're getting. Otherwise with a new rifle it's a crapshoot regarding looks and likely to be plain. As said, some sellers will provide pictures of the actual new rifle you can buy. Nice stocks carry a hefty premium.

The second reason is with a used rifle you can usually learn about how accurate it is relative to others, otherwise also a crapshoot with a new rifle. Some require accuracy measured on a bench; others are satisfied with minute-of-squirrel accuracy. If someone credible tells you how accurate theirs is, ask them to sell it to you.

Third, the price of a used rifle is less and you can usually get what you paid for it when selling, like renting for free. Personally, while popular with some I'm allergic to depreciation unless it's on a tax return...Tom
I can see the fun of a free rent item,bought in the secondary market.. Enjoyed it myself more than once with guns and other things.
However, with the amount of time that I devote to investment matters otherwise, guns are one of the few luxury fun zones that I enjoy. Nice if I can recoup a full or decent amount, or even make a buck, but if I don't, it really doesn't matter. I buy what I like,what pleases me.Perfect untampered with condition and nice wood is what pleases me, so that's pretty much makes me a new buyer.Cost is secondary,as is what I'll get back one day. Being selective as I am,resale value takes care of it well enough without me factoring it into the purchase decision.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Wood on 2K+ gun?
Cove Creek Outfitters has had some nice examples in the past, but would anyone be pleased to order a rifle sight unseen, and find it to have a vertical stripe like their current 1710HB offering?
Not me.
Compare that to the 1712 offered by Pacific Sporting Arms,offered at the same price. Clear pronounced straight grain. I'd have no problem adding that one to the stable.

(No, I don't know how to do links.)

Last edited by Camster; 02-07-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Gwelo

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
This one?

https://pacificsportingarms.com/prod...-933-psa-west/
Old 02-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwelo View Post
Yes.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:28 PM
william

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Update

I ordered a new 1710D KL
Old 02-07-2020, 03:36 PM
eggplant

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
Old 02-12-2020, 07:15 PM
william

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Old 02-12-2020, 09:02 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Cool

en...joy !

pipestone
Old 02-14-2020, 01:51 PM
william

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Bought the least expensive new rifle I could find at the time (Black Hawk Armory)

Better pic

Old 02-14-2020, 01:56 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Bought the least expensive new rifle I could find at the time (Black Hawk Armory)

Better pic

Looks like you got good wood in the bargain.

(and in looking at their website, apparently the only one that they had)

Last edited by Camster; 02-14-2020 at 02:13 PM.