Thoughts on Nikon Rimfire ll vs Vortex Diamondback rimfire - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:25 PM
HogTiming

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff miller View Post
VORTEX

JEFF
Specific reason or experience?
Old 02-03-2020, 08:27 PM
HogTiming

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
My buddy is looking for a 2-7x32 (or similar) right now and it is not so easy to decide. That is for a muzzle loader. Similar application. Limited budget. Not wanting junk. Insists on a duplex.

Anyway, Optics Planet has a deal today. Free shipping on items at or over 49.99. And a discount code for 13% off any scope : WDRS

Burris is a good scope. If you want one opinion and FWIW. The reticle is not very clean but; less offensive than many others.

The Redfield Revolution with 13% off and free ship is worth some consideration too. My take, this is a real Leupold. And 2-7x32 will not be a parallax issue. Or if you prefer the 3-9x40 whcih is a bit surprising to see less than a 2 ounce penalty. I am not sure how that 9x will be at 25 yards or under. Might be fine of simply twist the power back at very close. The 2-7 is clean, the 3-9 has an offensive circle and dot.
Offensive reticle? I thought they both have the rimfire MOA reticle
Old 02-03-2020, 08:38 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Redfield 2-7x is a duplex. The 3-9x is a circle with a dot below. I recently looked at the 3-9 circle. Very odd? The 2-7 just going on what I read in the online catalog.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:49 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its thought well of on RFC~ http://www.clearidgeoptics.com/product-p/3360.htm
Old 02-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate cluttered reticles too but decided to go with the Prostaff 4x12 even though this scope still has the parallax at 75yards and still has the old 1/4 at 50 yard adjustments. The parallax is around 1/2 at 15-20 yards which I don't like for my squirrel hunting adventures but I love the bdc after getting used to it. With data taken from their app,.. other online tools.. and personal testing with my Marlin 25, at 15 yards at 4x magnification, I use the first circle under the crosshairs and I'm dead on... I have a 30 yard and a 70 yard zero which is a breeze to sight in at the 30 mark. I just squirrel hunt and I love the scope although I have really never used a decent scope in my life.

I did contact Nikon about a small issue which I really didn't have but wanted to "check out their customer service"... I gave them my serial number and was very surprised at their reply. .. I gave them my shipping address and my issue is resolved. I don't think I will ever have an issue with this scope. Its very well made except for the turret caps. They have never failed me but feel cheap. For someone that sets and forgets, this would never be an issue. The turrets click is very audible and firm. For $120, I'm very satisfied.

Nikon going out of the scope business....... yea that could be an issue... Leupolds are nice.. very bright..... if available I would probably have went with it at $200. Very glad I didn't though, as I had enough left over for a nice set of Med rings.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:09 PM
RCGuy50

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogTiming View Post
I like the reticle on the Burris, and the price. Not many reviews on them though

Wonder how it will be in low light situations while hunting and woods walking
The Droptine does well for squirrels. I took it out this evening to test it. The Burris is noticeably brighter than my Nikon Prostaff at dusk. The thicker reticle was easy to identify in the branches.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Tennessee453

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, I just went through this myself. My LGS sells high end scopes but they also sell Hawkes. I bought the .22 subsonic 3-9x40. I sighted in at 50 and have only shot it to 100 but the reticle is dead on so far with cci sv. Clear glass and it's about $150. I'm tickled. I'd post a video but I am not able to. Send me a message and I'll text you a video of some shots. I'll probably put this on all my .22's.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:47 PM
HalfMoA
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try the Bushnell 3-9 Rimfire

I just upgraded my CZ 452 LUX with the MDT Chassis Stock and a Bushnell 3-9 Rimfire scope with side-parallax adjustment. Since I shoot mostly under 100 yards, the old 70's-vintage Redfield image was blurry under ~60 yards. I found the Bushnell for ~$120. Very nice scope for the price! The tick-marks on the "target" knobs fail to align with the reference marks (~1/2 click off), but hey!

I wish the center of the (duplex) reticle was finer, but it is acceptable at ~0.75 MoA. When I shoot for groups, I use slightly larger dot stickers so I can see the edges around the reticle to center-up. I can shoot about 0.5 MoA at 50 & 75 yards with Federal American Eagle 38-grain HP's & CCI Standard Velocity. I was surprised by the elevation difference between HV & SV rounds (~1.25" at 50 yards).

The stock & scope cost me 1.5x what I paid for the CZ (under $200; stock was another $200; scope at $125). $525 for the entire setup.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:49 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Although I spend ridiculous amounts on camera lenses (a lot of Zeiss), I don't see the need to go overboard on scopes. I'm partial to Vortex because they have never let me down. While I use mostly the Crossfire II models with AO for my rimfire rifles, I also have the Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire. It's a nice compact scope.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Mmorton9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am not an expert by any stretch but has anyone else tried BSA? I have a Sweet 17 on my 17hmr and it is fine up to 100 yards. At this point I don’t shoot farther. It has AO and elevation drop built in for the 17 and 20 grain bullets. Eyesight is not the best and can see clearly in mine. My scope is 3-7x40. There is also a 6-18x40. They make a Sweet 22 also. Haven’t tried one yet. They aren’t expensive enough that I worry about the warranty. Thanks for reading
Old 02-06-2020, 09:58 PM
sormi
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Use some Flitz polish. You can use it with gray scotch-brite.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:43 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sormi View Post
Use some Flitz polish. You can use it with gray scotch-brite.
?????