25 & 50 Yd Offhand Rifle Matches – Post all match scores & discussion here ! - Page 352 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5266  
Old 02-01-2020, 11:35 AM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Iowa Park, Texas
Posts: 
1,263
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Good Shooting Bob.
Reply With Quote
  #5267  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:37 PM
kingrider
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
NE Ohio
Posts: 
133
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
**** 25 Yd SCOPED **** 2/1/2020
SCORE: 482 17x
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold 6.5-20 set on 20x
AMMO: Geco match
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 92 2x,98 3X,99 4x,99 5x,94 3X
Had a couple bad trigger jerks. Had a 6 and a 7. Lucky to get a 482.

**** 50 yard scoped**** 2/1/2020
SCORE: 211
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold set on 20x
AMMO: Sk standard +
INDIV TGTS SCORES:43,41,41,42,44
Not my best effort
Reply With Quote
  #5268  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:40 PM
kingrider
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
NE Ohio
Posts: 
133
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
**** 25 Yd SCOPED **** 2/1/2020
SCORE: 486 15x
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold 6.5-20 set on 20x
AMMO: Geco match
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 98 4x,96 4x,98 2x,97 1x,97 4x
Bit better

**** 50 yard scoped**** 2/1/2020
SCORE: 217 1x
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold set on 20x
AMMO: Sk standard +
INDIV TGTS SCORES:40,44,45,41,47 1x
Don’t know why I struggle so much at 50. Gotta keep working on it
Reply With Quote
  #5269  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 AM
STRUGL4X'SC is online now

Join Date: 
Dec 2004
Posts: 
1,213
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
you're setting the bar high before we even get used to February, nice shooting!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5270  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:14 AM
kingrider
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
NE Ohio
Posts: 
133
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5271  
Old 02-05-2020, 04:30 PM
kingrider
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
NE Ohio
Posts: 
133
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
**** 25 Yd SCOPED **** 2/5/20
SCORE: 484 21x
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold 6.5-20 set on 20x
AMMO: Sk st+
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 97 6x,96 3X,99 5x,95 4x,97 3X


**** 50 yard scoped**** 2/5/20
SCORE: 219 3X
NAME: Kingrider,51
LOCATION: NE Ohio
GUN: Anschutz 1710
SIGHTS: Scope Leupold set on 20x
AMMO: Sk standard +
INDIV TGTS SCORES:47,47 1x,37,46 2x,42
Reply With Quote
  #5272  
Old 02-05-2020, 07:33 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Iowa Park, Texas
Posts: 
1,263
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iron Sight Practice 2/3/2020
Scores: 466-11X
463-10X
Name: 72coupe/Roy Woodman
Location: Wichita Falls, Tx
Gun: Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle
Set up: Really good iron sights and a bloop tube
Ammo: Federal Automatch
Notes: 72° with a 17 mph wind, good light. I have a near fatal case of the flu and this is the first time I have felt like shooting in more the 2 weeks. I was pretty wobbly, I had a 6 and a 7 on one target. But I enjoyed getting out. Now if I could just get rid of the cough.
Reply With Quote
  #5273  
Old 02-07-2020, 01:16 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2004
Location: 
Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 
2,965
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Florida, 25 yards, February 7, 2020

Iron sights, 25 Yards, 420

David Valdina
Indian River County Range
February 7, 2020
Marlin 39A Carbine with factory open sights.
CMP Bulk Eley standard velocity ammo
A23/5 targets
Very windy, enough to move my 200 pounds around at times.

I am not sure how much longer I will be posting these scores. As I get older, I get worse. Discouraging. Today is my 78th birthday. My left shoulder clicks non-stop when I hold the rifle and I am now playing with where I hold my left hand in an effort to minimize the jumping around. I certainly will keep shooting, but maybe not post. We will see.
Reply With Quote
  #5274  
Old 02-07-2020, 08:40 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Iowa Park, Texas
Posts: 
1,263
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
David I feel the same way about aging out. But I do enjoy it so much.

The scores you shoot with the Marlin 39A are very good. I intend to keep shooting as long as my health will permit.
Reply With Quote
  #5275  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:40 PM
roche
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2017
Posts: 
59
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
David, getting old sure ain't for sissies.

I know how you feel about submitting scores. I hope you decide to keep on sending them in. You are doing better than I am.

I went several months without submitting any scores and then decided that I was going to send in a score in January, no matter what.
Reply With Quote
  #5276  
Old 02-07-2020, 11:52 PM
Merle's Avatar
Merle
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2013
Location: 
Mercer County, PA
Posts: 
179
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been out of it since the end of October, but I think I'll be able to shoot this month....
Reply With Quote
  #5277  
Old 02-08-2020, 12:54 PM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
W. Orygun
Posts: 
2,947
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scores are up for January

Please check em out, it was a great month for all of you !
Cheers,
Bob4BVM
Reply With Quote
  #5278  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
W. Orygun
Posts: 
2,947
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Valdina View Post
Iron sights, 25 Yards, 420

David Valdina
Indian River County Range
February 7, 2020
Marlin 39A Carbine with factory open sights.
CMP Bulk Eley standard velocity ammo
A23/5 targets
Very windy, enough to move my 200 pounds around at times.

I am not sure how much longer I will be posting these scores. As I get older, I get worse. Discouraging. Today is my 78th birthday. My left shoulder clicks non-stop when I hold the rifle and I am now playing with where I hold my left hand in an effort to minimize the jumping around. I certainly will keep shooting, but maybe not post. We will see.
Hi David, Happy Birthday !!!
I hear what you are saying, at 70 I am definitely noticing my share of clicks and cramps
You have been shooting with us since December of 2012, so you are one of the charter founding members of these matches.
I know I speak for the whole group in saying it would be a huge loss for all of us if we lost your loyal participation here.

I have to add that your performance with that open-sighted 39A is something you should be proud of. If you want to see what painful scores with such light and open-sighted rifles look like, check out my last attempts with such guns back in August2019. (Your 420 here beats my score that month by almost 200 points ! )
I know I will never shoot another 400+ score with open blade sights because my eyes just will not allow it.
But I plan to keep at it as long as I can, taking my cue from FuzzyLimey who shot with us here into his 89th year...
That we are all working at our own level and striving for our best each month is the real magic of these matches.

I am introducing my grandson to target shooting this month. His first 25 Yd Irons score was a 222-1X , so we are all somewhere on this Great Road.
The value others receive when we share our Journey is very often much greater than we realize.
As long as you can stand up and shoot , I hope you will continue to do us the honor of sharing your efforts with us here !

All the best,
Bob4BVM

Last edited by Bob4BVM; 02-08-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5279  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Merle's Avatar
Merle
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2013
Location: 
Mercer County, PA
Posts: 
179
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob4BVM View Post
Hi David,
I hear what you are saying, at 70 I am definitely noticing my share of clicks and cramps
You have been shooting with us since December of 2012, so you are one of the charter founding members of these matches.
I know I speak for the whole group in saying it would be a huge loss for all of us if we lost your loyal participation here.

I have to add that your performance with that open-sighted 39A is something you should be proud of. If you want to see what painful scores with such light and open-sighted rifles look like, check out my last attempts with such guns back in August2019. (Your 420 here beats my score that month by almost 200 points ! )
I know I will never shoot another 400+ score with open blade sights because my eyes just will not allow it.

As long as you can stand up and shoot , I hope you will continue to do us the honor of sharing your efforts with us here !


I'll second that!
Reply With Quote
  #5280  
Old 02-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
W. Orygun
Posts: 
2,947
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72coupe View Post
Iron Sight Practice 2/3/2020
Scores: 466-11X
463-10X
Name: 72coupe/Roy Woodman
Location: Wichita Falls, Tx
Gun: Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle
Set up: Really good iron sights and a bloop tube
Ammo: Federal Automatch
Notes: 72° with a 17 mph wind, good light. I have a near fatal case of the flu and this is the first time I have felt like shooting in more the 2 weeks. I was pretty wobbly, I had a 6 and a 7 on one target. But I enjoyed getting out. Now if I could just get rid of the cough.
Wow Roy, I am glad you are feeling good enough to shoot again, that flu is scary stuff.
I doubt that i'd be out there if that was hanging on me ! Pretty impressive scores considering

Hope it clears up for you. eat lots of oranges.
Will keep you in my prayers, I need you to keep pushing me with the irons !

Bob
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x