Kidd Ultralightweight Barrel Groups - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-31-2020, 04:31 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

No doubt about that Bill can shoot. I have told him that all along. I even told him I couldn't shoot those with a 9x scope.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:56 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My point I was making is that a tuner is not going to turn a barrel into a overnight success. The barrel has got to be precise throughout and very accurate to begin with or it would not shoot the groups Bill shot. A tuner or appropriate weight in right spot will make a barrel more consistent from shot to shot. Bill bought some SK Pistol Match since I told him to try it and he listened. He also listened about me asking him to slide the weight toward the end of barrel. Bill I don't think gives himself the credit when it comes to being a very good shot. I seen the potential he had back when he showed me the groups shot with cheap Aguila SE. I myself was shocked.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:10 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I understood sir, no disrespect meant. I guess I just wanted to emphasise what an amazing shooter Bill is, especially given that ultra-lightweight barrel.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:34 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454 View Post
I understood sir, no disrespect meant. I guess I just wanted to emphasise what an amazing shooter Bill is, especially given that ultra-lightweight barrel.
None taken buddy.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:55 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454 View Post
Bill sir, thank you for asking Tony about that. His response has me curious about something else, but please, don't call him back on my account! The engineer (& more) in you may prompt another call, but I've no need for answers personally. Anyway, being the sleeved carbon fiber barrel seems so close to the construction of a tensioned barrel (which I'm guessing about, not having seen one up close and personal), I wonder if they tried that route at some point? I'm assuming if they had, it didn't work out so well, otherwise they'd likely be selling them?
I don't know that I'm 100% right but I would assume that Tony has never bothered trying to fool around with tensioned barrels, at least not with any intent on producing them. For one thing tensioned barrels (with some exceptions) aren't known for being extremely accurate. They are accurate enough given their very light weight. Most people who are buying a tensioned barrel are not looking for something for precision shooting. Also Tony already has an extremely accurate ULW barrel.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:26 PM
BillytheKIDD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the comments guys, never been in a forum page where so much thought goes into replies. I've been refining technique on this rifle for 2 yrs solid. I love everything about it. Talked to Chet Alvord the other day and told him the Vantage RS is one of the most comfortable stocks to shoot. I've spent countless 6 hr days on this rifle only resting to reload. I get a lot of time off with this job never had that before. Little over 2 1/2 months so I get a lot of trigger time. Only negative is I'm neglecting every other gun lol

Last edited by BillytheKIDD; 02-03-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:32 AM
SilentAssassin1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i red some where here that bench shooters do not use cheek weld
Old 02-01-2020, 09:37 AM
BillytheKIDD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There would be no way to line up with your optic to take the shot
Old 02-01-2020, 10:42 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin1 View Post
i red some where here that bench shooters do not use cheek weld
It would be pretty tough to line up consistently behind your scope on the bench without using a proper cheek weld. I suppose there may be some people that don't know any better. But if someone did post that here I'm sure there would be plenty of others commenting on how important it is.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:29 AM
Pappy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
How about this?

I'm not sure this vid has been posted before, but I found this interesting;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsqqk1LXB6A

"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." - John Steinbeck

Sent from my keyboard using Hunt-n-Tap.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
It would be pretty tough to line up consistently behind your scope on the bench without using a proper cheek weld. I suppose there may be some people that don't know any better. But if someone did post that here I'm sure there would be plenty of others commenting on how important it is.
There is a super accurate airgun, the Thomas BR airgun, that is without a buttstock, although some owners have installed one on their rig.

It is one of the winningest AG platforms even without a buttstock.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 PM
SilentAssassin1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
i dont think so. i have been watchihg many videos on youtube and NONE of the bench rest shooter are using any cheek welds.
please take a look at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsDF8SdlVQ
Old 02-03-2020, 03:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Quote:
i dont think so. i have been watchihg many videos on youtube and NONE of the bench rest shooter are using any cheek welds.
please take a look at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsDF8SdlVQ
I was just watching videos of Megladon sightings on YouTube the other day. I have no idea what that lady in the video is saying but the guy that is shooting is using a cheek weld. You don't have to squish your face into the stock. You just have to be lined up consistently shot to shot. He is using a light cheek weld on the bottom of his right cheek, which is very similar to how I shoot.

Last edited by Pappy; 02-05-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:19 PM
SilentAssassin1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I was just watching videos of Megladon sightings on YouTube the other day. 😂😂😂 I have no idea what that lady in the video is saying but the guy that is shooting is using a cheek weld. You don't have to squish your face into the stock. You just have to be lined up consistently shot to shot. He is using a light cheek weld on the bottom of his right cheek, which is very similar to how I shoot.
mayby you need to see a few more bench rest videos. chin weld is not cheek weld. and they are barly touching the rifle stock at all, if at all. i do not kno where you are getting ur info from but benchrest shooters do not weld their cheeks. but if you are one of those people who never wrong, then ok.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Quote:
I was just watching videos of Megladon sightings on YouTube the other day. 😂😂😂 I have no idea what that lady in the video is saying but the guy that is shooting is using a cheek weld. You don't have to squish your face into the stock. You just have to be lined up consistently shot to shot. He is using a light cheek weld on the bottom of his right cheek, which is very similar to how I shoot.
mayby you need to see a few more bench rest videos. chin weld is not cheek weld. and they are barly touching the rifle stock at all, if at all. i do not kno where you are getting ur info from but benchrest shooters do not weld their cheeks. but if you are one of those people who never wrong, then ok.
It has nothing to do with having to be right. It has to do with the fact that I am right. Apparently your "one of those people"? I was not aware there was a difference between cheek weld and "chin weld". Besides the point he is still using part of the side of his face (I guess....) to get properly lined up to take a shot.