Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 11:33 PM
GreggieBoy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Lots going on with work and family. On pins and needles seems to be the theme these days.

Daughter and SIL are putting their offer in on a house tomorrow night. Long shot because the bidding in these parts is insane. Clock is ticking because the have to be out of their rental by March 1st. It has been difficult watching them get out bid by cash buyers and others willing to go way over asking. Kind of sad thinking about them struggling to try to find something.

Got a long walk in the rain tomorrow to see about when I can retire. Hopefully they will take me without an appointment.

Had a phone meeting last night with our members council board. A few good news things for a change. One of the local ranges is a little over a month away from reopening. A couple of guys with deep pockets and other sources came up with significant renovation money. Can't wait to see the place. Hopefully we can do a rimfire first-time shooters event there sometime in the future. I'm ready for some fun.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:50 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck Greggie's Daughter and SIL.

Been watching more episodes of The Messiah.

37 and full moon.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Greggie, Anonic, AZ, JV, Gigi, Brent, Carrij, Squirrel, Phil, Wayne, M92, jnyork, Gerald, Mike, Ground, COW, koonta, Ranger, Alec, Hawkeye, Rock, dlong, wr, OldDave, IHMS, 404, RichJ, 1917, CMR, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 01-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Tehran, 1977.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:10 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank I'm going down to the well tonight ima drink till I get my fill hope when I get old I don't start thankin about it but probably will...
Old 01-09-2020, 05:52 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Where to start? And sure I'm missing plenty.

That really is a whiz-bang smoking deal on the .410 stuff, C.J. and that's also some very fine shooting. I near don't remember the last time I had a '9' in front of a .410 skeet score. Heck, I might even be imagining it at this late stage in life as some geezers are known to do, but I'd like to think I'd been there. I still shoot it, but am way happy w/an '8' in front of my score over 4 boxes these days. Congrats, on two counts!
--

Thanks all for the kind remarks toward Bubba and the old Kat that fed him. Feel I'm better for having known him. Would have preferred it was a much longer connection. It didn't pan. Still thinking about it, but I'm not grieving; he had a good life & lived it as he was bent. We never had the first heavy conversation, just enjoyed one another. It was enough.
--

We knew you were trying to be funny, AZ. Don't take the bait.
--

As much ammo as you are flinging, TD, I'd think it advantageous to go semi-auto something in the reloading process. I do enjoy your take and instructive remarks on shooting the disciplines that you participate in. Not only am I not 'going up on the mountain' any longer to hunt, I don't anticipate I'll be doing any battle rolls either, but more power to those that can.
--

Good to hear of continued progress, Shirley!
--

Two solid days of hard grunt werk assisting vendors move in has resulted in a loss of 5#'s. The old bod knew it was getting limbered up yesterday morning for sure. Werked thru the kinks tho it was catching up w/me time I stopped yesterday afternoon at 5. Reality says I can't do everything that I think I can w/o some consequence(s).

Bride had a good time at the kick-off receptions. We made them both & she got to be 'seen' and have some good conversations w/folks we know & see now & again. Both were low-key, but nice. One at the Beretta Gallery sponsored by Cheyenne Ridge and the other at Clay Shooters Supply, who happens to be among other things a CZ, Dan Wesson, Fab Arm, Caesar Guerini & Zoli dealer. Guerini rep showed me a limited edition 20 bore 'Texas' edition O/U w/round case coloured action w/dove on one side and quail on the other and a Texas star on the opening lever and the state's outline on the bottom, all in gold inlays. Very nice wood too! And in spite of my description, it wasn't garish in the least; very tastefully executed. He said it took some doing to get them to make it and they didn't make many; not an inexpensive gun, but fairly priced for whot it is. Probably end up w/someone who wishes to be seen w/the gun, but not when they are shooting. But I could be wrong. It really was a nice gun.
--

Weather here was 61° at 6P. Winds blew all day SE 14 G 21. 3A now and its 59° wind S 18 G 29. Fair breezy. Jack & I are puttering about and have been out absorbing some 'wolf moon' beams. Gosh, has it been spectacular during the evening and night. One can almost read under it and strong shadows follow you around that act as they may have come from the dark side and when asked where they came from act like the tar baby in an Uncle Remus tale; they don't say nuthin', but stick w/ya like a barnacle.. until ya go back inside.

Was speaking w/a gentleman involved with wind farm generators during the evening and I mentioned the bird deaths caused by them. He said it was the bats that really took a beating from 'those monstrosities' [my term, not his]. I'd not thot of that before, but he was speaking honestly & I've no doubt it was accurate. Mosquitos can eat you alive in many areas where wind farms and playas coexist and crops are irrigated and cotton is still king. I like pump jacks & oil, but can't get used to the wind generators. Cervantes' Don Quixote would have been overwhelmed and died of over tilting, there are so many of those windmills today. Not sure whot Sancho Panza's take would B, prolly batty.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:56 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Well I ain't gonna top Wook's Jym-esque post, that's fer sure.

We got the tree to the curb yesterday. Ornaments, in their tupperwares, need to go into the attic of my ballistic laboratory.

My parkerizing tanks still need to be picked up. Transfering the solution from the tank is the hard part, without spilling it.

Shop today as well.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good morning TWHers.

Second set of allergy shots, get 3 at a time, this morning. Also taking Fusion in the get EPB fixed, $$$.

Although I tried not to, ran away from it,still caught a cold. Flu shots. Shingle shots. Pneumonia shots! Yet no prophylactic action for common cold. Untreated, takes about 7 days to run its course. Treated last’s only about a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2020, 08:18 AM
GroundSquack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mornin everyone!

28° and a skiff

Not much on the agenda today. Just work and play with the kids when we get home. Josie has requested that we go swing at the park but will have to see how the weather is. Only headed to 31° with 60% chance of more white stuff.

One of these days I need to go renew my range membership. Annual reset on 1/1 so I've been meaning to.

Been debating on picking up a CZ 457 AT-One or Varmint MTR. Any suggestions? Looking for a bench/long range .22 to play with and shoot groups with. I've got Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2020, 08:41 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
My bet is on the Tigers!

Brent
Safe bet!
Old 01-09-2020, 08:47 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Hope gun friend is OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Ditto that.
--

Gun friend is OK. Taking a break.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:01 AM
mikeypizano

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning, Amazon claims my stuff shipped and should be here today... Hoping to bore sight the 10/22 and StrikeFire II with the proper ring today and finish it up at the range Saturday. Providing my mags and loader came in anyway.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:05 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
How can email be that hard?
She doesn't trust my digital talents in that arena hence "Don't touch it!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Tehran, 1977.
All y'all lechers that zoomed in on that one raise your hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
no prophylactic action for common cold. Untreated, takes about 7 days to run its course. Treated last’s only about a week.
If one unprotected doesn't get the crud kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundSquack View Post
Been debating on picking up a CZ 457 AT-One or Varmint MTR. Any suggestions? Looking for a bench/long range .22 to play with and shoot groups with. I've got Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket!
Wait till after next xmas and get the Vudoo? If thats not an option the MTR has a match chamber. That said I really like the options on my @1 Varmint for whacking Tubbys.

14˚

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 01-09-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its a cold clear 30* in the Valley this morning. Down in the teens overnight, wind is calm.
Daughter posted a photo of bear tracks in the snow in her yard,Seems her son saw a bear looking in the window the other night, investigation showed the bear had been using one of the out buildings to sleep in.

Offered the use of my trail cam to get its pic, but not taken up on the offer yet.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Wait till after next xmas and get the Vudoo? If thats not an option the MTR has a match chamber. That said I really like the options on my @1 Varmint for whacking Tubbys.

14˚
ETA~ there's a thread about the MTR of the best price found under $650 OTD. Best price I've stumbled across but Gerald is more an expert in that arena.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
42 and breezy. Wind Chill!!!!! [Wind chill was in the 20's earlier this AM]

Had thought about going to Cabela's and use gift cards. Wifey was suppose to work. Now she isn't per her boss on the phone. May have to do leaves. Blow them out of shrubs and grand with mower. Dump them back in beds and cover with pine straw. Maybe she will go shopping with someone.

Hope all are OK.

Enjoy the day.