TCR/22 & KIDD trigger kit - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Guam
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TCR/22 & KIDD trigger kit

Anyone know if the KIDD trigger kit will work with the TCR22 rifle?
Old 01-08-2020, 01:04 PM
clipboard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put a wolff tune up kit in mine #18076 but I didn't use hammer spring and got it down to 1.5 lb pull but Im sure it will take the kidd trigger. gun is extremely accurate with cci sv shoot into nickel at 50 yards after trigger job.

https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/10-...2/mID52/dID225
Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Guam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm assuming you're talking about the kidd drop in trigger assembly.

The Trigger kit was installed but the safety doesnt function properly; cant engage the safety when the hammer is cocked or when the bolt is forward when trigger assy is installed in the receiver.

If I cant get resolution to this, Im thinking about going the Brimstone Tier 2 route. I just really wanted for the Kidd to work since I have a Tier 2 on my 10/22.

Last edited by Guam; 01-08-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2020, 10:24 AM
pblanc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does the safety on the TCR22 look and work the same as that on the Ruger 10/22? It may be that the thickness of the safety cylinder or the geometry of the trigger assembly may be such that there is insufficient clearance between the downward extension of the sear to allow the fat part of the safety cylinder to pass beneath it.

If that is the case and you really want to make the Kidd trigger kit work in that trigger assembly, you might be able to do so by filing and stoning down the end of the sear extension.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Guam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblanc View Post
Does the safety on the TCR22 look and work the same as that on the Ruger 10/22? It may be that the thickness of the safety cylinder or the geometry of the trigger assembly may be such that there is insufficient clearance between the downward extension of the sear to allow the fat part of the safety cylinder to pass beneath it.

If that is the case and you really want to make the Kidd trigger kit work in that trigger assembly, you might be able to do so by filing and stoning down the end of the sear extension.
You're correct on both accounts. The safety cylinder is a bit bigger and different than the ruger. Additionally, the dimensions of the kids sear and its geometrical relationship with the "bigger" safety cylinder doesnt work together.

I could shave down one or both pieces to work, but I would rather not to keep the possibility of reverting back to original components.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Guam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
***Update****

After describing the issue to Kidd Customer Service, they decided to refund my purchase. Although I'm happy they did, I'm a bit sad because I had high hopes for the trigger kit to work in this rifle. My Ruger 10/22 has a Brimstone Tier 2 and I wanted the CR22 (daughters rifle) to have the Kidd Trigger Kit.

Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to figure something out.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:45 AM
ironglow
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My grandson is a top gunsmith..I had him rework the stock trigger, and I couldn't be happier . Mostly, cleaning and polishing surfaces, plus some minor reworking.