Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
I ordered one today. This will be my first bare receiver build.
Im sure you will love it! All of mine have been great. Much better then using OEM ruger in my opinion and experience.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2019, 08:14 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
I ordered one today. This will be my first bare receiver build.
hope the build goes well. please update with a review, particularly if the bolt requires any modification as some others have mentioned.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:49 AM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had one for a long time now. I found that the bolt will be critically tight to get in but will go. I modded mine to let it fall in. No big deal. I have had it in a couple of different builds now and had a problem with a trigger not resetting properly on one and immediately blamed the receiver. It turned out to be the trigger and had nothing to do with the receiver. At the end of the day I have found that it was my skepticism that I needed to overcome and not the receiver. I am finally at peace with it and I am about to start another build that will end up costing a good bit of money and I am using my Brownell receiver in this build. The fit, finish and function with mine is good. Just my two cents.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I have had one for a long time now. I found that the bolt will be critically tight to get in but will go. I modded mine to let it fall in. No big deal. I have had it in a couple of different builds now and had a problem with a trigger not resetting properly on one and immediately blamed the receiver. It turned out to be the trigger and had nothing to do with the receiver. At the end of the day I have found that it was my skepticism that I needed to overcome and not the receiver. I am finally at peace with it and I am about to start another build that will end up costing a good bit of money and I am using my Brownell receiver in this build. The fit, finish and function with mine is good. Just my two cents.
I had the same issue withe the bolt on all of mine but a couple minutes working on the bolt shelf with a fine file and my bolts all drop in just fine.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZO View Post
hope the build goes well. please update with a review, particularly if the bolt requires any modification as some others have mentioned.
It will be published on my website, but I'll be sharing here too. So far, I have the receiver arriving tomorrow. The bolt has been picked out and should be ready to test fit next week. I have narrowed the barrel down to two choices. And I have a PMACA chassis with MFT Battlelink stock. I won't spoil the rest just yet.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:20 AM
aztlan
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I used one for my last book project.

http://www.aumih.info/tmp/Book_Cover_s.jpg
Old 12-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztlan View Post
I used one for my last book project.

http://www.aumih.info/tmp/Book_Cover_s.jpg
That looks great!! How did you get the silver finish on the reciever? I would love to do that to one of mine!

Old 12-24-2019, 10:35 AM
kolob10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brownells 10/22 receivers

I assembled a Brownells railed receiver with a Green mountain fluted stainless barrel
about a year ago. Delightfully accurate and reliable. Tolerances were spot on for me.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:27 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't file a tiny bit off the receiver to test fit a bolt today, because my receiver should be wrapped and under the tree...
Old 12-29-2019, 04:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Iíve put 3 rifles together with BR-22 receivers and barrels. All specs were spot on and barrels were a tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 06:29 PM
kkd
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (60)
A ok

I out two together without issues

Both work and shoot just fine

But....
My barrels were not a tight/snug fit
Old 12-29-2019, 08:45 PM
DroopyBassets75
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Sorry for the delay. I got the barreled action, ordered a Boyds Pro Varmint stock, put in a bolt I had with a Volquartsen Surestrike firing pin and Edge Extractor, used an older aluminum trigger group with a Volquartsen hammer and sear, and a power custom lever magazine release. Haven't settled on a scope yet so I just mounted a cheap-o Simmons 4X .22 Mag scope. Functioned 100%, bolt fitment was very tight so I expected a few hang ups at first but none happened. It seems to be very accurate. The stock is sturdy as can be and solid. Overall, I am VERY impressed. For $125.00 I am thrilled with the purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BRN1022.jpg (41.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Looks good! I wasnít impressed with the tiny thread protector Brownells included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk