Why shoot silhouettes? - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2019, 03:34 PM
WTB86325

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

We shoot open sights with large targets one week and small targets with scopes the next week. You shoot until you miss and than the next person shoots. Once a month we shoot pistols at homemade reactive targets to break it up. No prizes, no scores just fun. This thing I like about it is that there is no arguments. It either went off the stand or not.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:50 PM
gaterb
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I became interested in silhouette after joining a range that hosts matches. Yes in the beginning it was very difficult but in time my score has risen slowly. It has taken me two years but I now have broken a 20 out of 40 in score for small bore silhouette. I also compete in small bore cowboy it is fun and I find it easier to shoot with iron sights. But after 2 years and headed into my 3rd year I must say silhouette has taught me a lot about shooting and it has improved my overall shooting ability.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:05 PM
BigWobbles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good for you for sticking with it. Small bore scoped is definitely a tough game and requires persistence and practice. I shoot AAA small bore lever pretty consistently, but rarely break B with the scoped rifle.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:36 AM
motovita

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWobbles View Post
Good for you for sticking with it. Small bore scoped is definitely a tough game and requires persistence and practice. I shoot AAA small bore lever pretty consistently, but rarely break B with the scoped rifle.
I'm so glad to hear it's not just me.
I shot handgun Silhouette with a guy who shoots AAA scores standing with an 18X scope on a Contender and he told me he can't hit smallbore silhouettes with his Anschutz rifle.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:42 PM
kevinbear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman26 View Post
JPW062.. I come here to talk shooting not be clinically analyzed for my comments about shooting. I never said the top bench shooters don't put in effort and practice to reach the top but I AM saying shooting off a bench is as easy as it gets to shoot awesome groups and test your equipment or do you disagree with that as well?

Lets take a top bench rest shooter and a top offhand shooter and let them compete. Who's groups do you think will be closer to the others? 100 yards 10 shots off the bench and 10 shots offhand smallest total aggregate between both positions wins. My money would always be on the offhand shooter.

You know sometimes in my posts I make comments in jest or just to have a little fun with other shooters. Don't read more into my posts than is really there.
I got a news flash for you there totally different skillsets, I shoot both silhouette and ARA500. The silhouette guys will be dead last in any bench match and likewise the bench guys last place in silhouette generally speaking, there are a few people who choose to shoot both games that do alright but few people cross over. I wrongly thought being a AAA silhouette shooter I could leave my 1712 at home and take my 40XR to a BR match and clean every target. WRONG!!! Those .005 dots are hard to hit consistently in the wind at 50yds.