Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 AM
rem33
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

We bought one of these, worth every penny..

McFadden Ultimate Cliploader

https://youtu.be/6wFM9YFbKak

Last edited by rem33; 11-19-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:14 AM
SteveinAK
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's pretty slick!
Old 11-30-2019, 01:23 AM
cpaspr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinAK View Post
Anything special I should look at and take care of maintenance-wise, other than cleaning? Thanks!
Make sure to download the correct manual. I have both a 1958 Standard and a 1980s Mark II. The takedown instructions are slightly different. Or at least that's my recollection. It's been a while since I took both apart at the same sitting.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:32 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaspr View Post
Make sure to download the correct manual. I have both a 1958 Standard and a 1980s Mark II. The takedown instructions are slightly different. Or at least that's my recollection. It's been a while since I took both apart at the same sitting.
FWIW, the triggers between the Standard and MkII have different pivot pin anchoring set ups. The trigger pin on the Standards are held in place with an internal 5/32"E-Clip (PN-A34-1), just left of the trigger pivot point. IME, (with the e-clip having been installed from the top) a 1/16" punch pushed under the bottom open end of the e-clip will release it from the pivot pin. CAUTION, hold a closed palm over the trigger area to stop the e-clip from launching...forever (don't ask how I know)! To re-install, I use a large 5/16" flat blade screwdriver (with a slightly magnetized tip) to re-clip the e-clip back in place onto the top of the pivot pin notch!

The MkII has an installed semi-round spring in the grip right side lower (PN-KA04200). It can be pushed down from above with a very small blade flat head screwdriver, releasing the pivot pin. When reinstalling the trigger pivot pin, the spring clip will find the pivot pins notch, re-locking the pin in place!

You may not want\need to go this far with maintenance, but if you do...

Ted
Old 12-01-2019, 10:29 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
CAUTION, hold a closed palm over the trigger area to stop the e-clip from launching...forever (don't ask how I know)!
Chased an e-clip around a kitchen floor for a while in 1975 when I was a lot more flexible.

I think these days I'd work on a white towel on a table with a dry-cleaner bag on top.

Another way would be to just buy 100 from, say, Fastenal.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Chased an e-clip around a kitchen floor for a while in 1975 when I was a lot more flexible.

I think these days I'd work on a white towel on a table with a dry-cleaner bag on top.

EM,

Good advice! With a dozen or so disassembles between my Standard and MkI, that e-clip launched into space only Once (the first time). Guess the 3 hour hunt was worth it as my workshop is now CLEAN!

So, I got "20" more from the HD ($4) and of course, haven't launched/lost another one since!!

Ted
Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Good advice! With a dozen or so disassembles between my Standard and MkI, that e-clip launched into space only Once (the first time). Guess the 3 hour hunt was worth it as my workshop is now CLEAN!
So, I got "20" more from the HD ($4) and of course, haven't launched/lost another one since!!
Yep - that's how insurance works.