Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:29 PM
roofdog1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Well I'm from that highly regarded Kalifornia you guys all love, but I have been to the Flying B Ranch in Kamiah, Idaho three times. They have their own brooding facilities, and put on some of the best guided bird hunts you would ever want. Loved it there and would like to go back and soak up some more of the country sometime.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Darrell Davis

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
roofdog!,

Ya mean Califunnyia?

The Kamiah area is not too far from what I call home.

Sounds like a fun place. Have seen ads.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
Old 04-01-2016, 07:56 AM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I grew up in Orofino, long before Nightforce Optics was on the scene (they are headquartered in Orofino, in case y'all didn't know that).

Class of '88 from OHS. I am a proud Maniac!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:24 AM
Sitka Charlie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Small world, no matter how far you travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT92 View Post
I grew up in Orofino, long before Nightforce Optics was on the scene (they are headquartered in Orofino, in case y'all didn't know that).

Class of '88 from OHS. I am a proud Maniac!
I worked out of Orofino in 1979 and 1980 as a USFS fishery technician, was fired for the accelerated timber harvest, and the following week went to work with IDF&G from Jerome to Coeur d'Alene (establishing instream flow survey stations at Latour Creek at Cataldo, lower Salmon River tributaries between Cottonwood and Whitebird, and a few other places, before a stint on the white sturgeon research project between Bliss and Twin Falls).

State Hospital North was in Orofino... on a nice shortcut trail from Ahsahka to BDO (Beautiful Downtown Orofino). After we closed down the big Airport Open House at KCOE (Coeur d'Alene Airport) in August 2012, I met the woman who wrote the insurance policy for Nightforce Optics.
We're having an Open Hangars event at KCOE April 23, 2016 at 2 p.m. as Murdo Cameron and Burt Rutan are opening their hangars to the public. I've been contacting EAA chapters form the Rockies to the Cascades, and we attended tonight's meeting of the Early Ford V8 Club in Spokane this evening, and will try to attract more classic cars and trucks. Cd'A Elks will be cooking burgers... Come see a few Allison V1710 engines, carbon fiber Unlimited hydroplane, carbon fiber full-size P-51 Mustang, Burt Rutan's 47th airplane build, and more.

We started Aviation Club this year, so www.aviation4all.org will be under construction. Indoor RC flying course, PC-flight simulators, Aircraft Construction Techniques and more activities for kids of all ages and abilities.

Contact me as newsletter editor at http://www.cdaairport.org

Charlie
Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 PM
dvani

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just saw this.... Been in Meridian for the last 10 years. One of the best thing about SW Idaho are the whistlepigs!!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Wonderman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Idaho

In Hayden for over 30 yrs. Love I DA HO. I'm a NRA certified Range Officer and help with shoots and Boy Scouts. I also shoot pistol and .22 rifle competitions.

Last edited by Wonderman; 06-13-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:33 PM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445
Been in Boise since 1996. Besides being a shooter, I'm a Range Officer at Black's Creek during Sight In season, and involved with both Ee-Da-How and IAWCA.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:08 AM
Mister_22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitka Charlie View Post

I worked out of Orofino in 1979 and 1980 as a USFS fishery technician, was fired for the accelerated timber harvest, and the following week went to work with IDF&G from Jerome to Coeur d'Alene (establishing instream flow survey stations at Latour Creek at Cataldo, lower Salmon River tributaries between Cottonwood and Whitebird, and a few other places, before a stint on the white sturgeon research project between Bliss and Twin Falls).

State Hospital North was in Orofino... on a nice shortcut trail from Ahsahka to BDO (Beautiful Downtown Orofino). After we closed down the big Airport Open House at KCOE (Coeur d'Alene Airport) in August 2012, I met the woman who wrote the insurance policy for Nightforce Optics.
We're having an Open Hangars event at KCOE April 23, 2016 at 2 p.m. as Murdo Cameron and Burt Rutan are opening their hangars to the public. I've been contacting EAA chapters form the Rockies to the Cascades, and we attended tonight's meeting of the Early Ford V8 Club in Spokane this evening, and will try to attract more classic cars and trucks. Cd'A Elks will be cooking burgers... Come see a few Allison V1710 engines, carbon fiber Unlimited hydroplane, carbon fiber full-size P-51 Mustang, Burt Rutan's 47th airplane build, and more.

We started Aviation Club this year, so www.aviation4all.org will be under construction. Indoor RC flying course, PC-flight simulators, Aircraft Construction Techniques and more activities for kids of all ages and abilities.

Contact me as newsletter editor at http://www.cdaairport.org

Charlie
Time to revive the Idaho thread!

Boy, I wish I could turn the clock back about 2 1/2 years and make this event! The Rutan brothers are two of my favorite aviation characters. The book, "Voyager", by his older brother, Dick and Jeana Yeager (no relation to Chuck) about the 1st non-stop flight around the world without refueling, is an awesome read!

Would have loved to been there and been a part of this, what must have been an incredible event!

Oh yeah... Boise, another born & raised with a decade detour in Oregon (another, not bad state!).
Old 09-29-2019, 09:41 PM
eric123
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Boise here...
Old 09-30-2019, 10:05 AM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My dog is from Declo.....
Old 12-02-2019, 03:11 AM
Mister_22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke View Post
My dog is from Declo.....
So are my inlaws... any relation?

(I keed!)