Anyone own a Rossi RB 22 M? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:00 AM
retired3100
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone own a Rossi RB 22 M?

I was recently reading an article in the American Rifleman about the Rossi RB22M in 22 Mag. The article was favorable in its evaluation, but I'd like some real world testimony for or against this rifle. Anyone here own one?
Old 11-09-2019, 08:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I do not have the mag, just the RB22 in LR. I've had it for less than 3 months have 500+ rounds through it. LIKE IT! Glad it is clone of Mossberg 802 with a few updates from the Mossberg people themselves.

Only nit I have about the LR is the dovetail groves are not long on either side of the ejection port so there was lots of trial/error (mostly error.. but thank you Amazon free returns) in getting the right cantilever rings for the necessary eye relief on the scope I wanted.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:33 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I do not have the mag, just the RB22 in LR. I've had it for less than 3 months have 500+ rounds through it. LIKE IT! Glad it is clone of Mossberg 802 with a few updates from the Mossberg people themselves.

Only nit I have about the LR is the dovetail groves are not long on either side of the ejection port so there was lots of trial/error (mostly error.. but thank you Amazon free returns) in getting the right cantilever rings for the necessary eye relief on the scope I wanted.
Do you mind sharing which rings you used? I’ve been thinking about getting one of these Rossi’s and will need to mount a scope. No fun getting older!

NVM, just found your post on solving the scope puzzle! Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Garugerfan; 11-21-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 09:49 PM
ChrisA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up one Wednesday mounted a cheap cabelas scope in some cheap rings, dialed in and shot two Thanksgiving Day squirrels. Both head shots, one at 80 yards and the other at 10 yards.

The tigger on mine has a bit of gritty creap but otherwise I feel the RB22M is a very good value.

Chris