Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Gutley
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Follow up with interesting results

I have been shooting CCI-SV exclusively at our 50 yd BR competitions with very good results. At two of my recent practice sessions, the results were pretty poor. Enough so that I purchased some Norma Match and SK Biathlon Sport based on threads here. Went to range today and tried both. Norma Match was poor at best, with 3 FTE’s out of 30 rounds. No consistency in accuracy or groupings. Switched to SK and after re-zeroing, was very impressed. 7-center cut bulls, 8-10 rings, 6-9 rings and 4-8 rings. Results are as good as I was getting with CCI-SV. No FTE, no FTF. Was shooting USBR Targets.
Also noted difficulty getting 10th round of both Norma and SK in clips. CCI was never a struggle. I have 6 clips and difficulty was consistent in each.
Will shoot the SK Biathlon Sport in my match Wednesday and post results and targets.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:44 PM
justinp61
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try some SK Standard Plus, my rifle shoots it well.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Crowkiller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had mine for about a year now, with absolutely no problems with feeding or ejection. It is the smoothest feeding 22 I own.
I did have a problem with cold bore fliers, but now that I have really scrubbed the chamber and throat area they seem to have disappeared. I got big slivers of lead out the first time I really scrubbed it with a bore brush!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:11 PM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbird View Post
I got mine in March and quickly switched the barrel to a Volquartsen .17 HM2/Mach2 barrel. I have had absolutely no problems.
I'm interested in this HM2 barrel for the Tikka T1x from Volquartsen. Tell me more about it if you see this. I will call Volquartsen on Monday regardless.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:18 PM
cahillxd

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Never has an issue with feeding, or ejecting.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:42 PM
superdave001

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got about 500 rounds down range so far, (all CCI-SV) and no issues of any kind. Always shoot suppressed and always get a first round, cold barrel, cold suppressor flyer. After that, it consistently shoots sub MOA easily. Biggest problem with accuracy is the guy squeezing the trigger - me. I love it and don't believe you can even come close to the accuracy at the price point of this rifle. My RAR is close, but not as consistent. You will be pleased...
Old 12-09-2019, 06:42 PM
cahillxd

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
As for ammo, mine has been very good with RWS special match, RWS R50, Eley team, SK Pistol match and pistol match extra, SK rifle match, and is fairly good with CCI SV.

I have some SK STD + that I have yet to use, and maybe a couple of other flavors that I still need to open up and try.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:33 AM
Booner1334
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had problems with feeding when I first got the rifle. The bolt would pick up the round out of the msg and the round would feed high and miss the chamber and stand up vertical. This happened about every 20-30 rounds. I fixed it by backing off the front action screw to about 25 inch pounds. I seem to remember the owners manual recommend 60-65 inch pounds (?) I don't think that much pressure is needed on a. 22LR action, and since I back my action screws off I haven't had a feeding problem. Every once in a while, the extraction is a little weak, but I could not be running my bolt fast enough. The rifle's saving grace is that's it accurate with any ammo I put in it, so despite the occasional ejection issues, I'm keeping it.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:42 AM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booner1334 View Post
Every once in a while, the extraction is a little weak, but I could not be running my bolt fast enough.
You're better off moving the bolt slowly. That gives the ejector spring more time to flick the case out of the action.

Very different ejection system on these rifles.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:26 PM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had no issues with mine. I modified the mag to make it less protruding.