Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
panther1212
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Nic -
I took a look at the Larue website, and I like the QD mounts... but how do they attach to the scope? Do they only work with certain scopes?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Nic421

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther1212 View Post
Nic -
I took a look at the Larue website, and I like the QD mounts... but how do they attach to the scope? Do they only work with certain scopes?
Their mounts will work on the Picatinny type scope bases. (Linked below) It is best if the base has the solid bars like the one you see on my rifle. The ones with the hollowed out middle will work, but it doesn't work as well and will start to deform the base and mount.

http://www.laruetactical.com/1022-picatinny-rail-lt178
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Nic421

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I may have misunderstood your question. For regular scopes, they attach like regular rings. Their rings have the lever quick detach mated to it though. If that is what you are referring to, they are quite pricey IMO. If you want a quick detach mount for something like a 1" or 30mm scope, I would use Warne Maxima quick detach rings. They are made well and much cheaper.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 AM
SAWMAN556

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic421 View Post
They are made well and much cheaper.
But Larue does make some sweet stuff.

I wish they made a lower 1913 rail for the 10/22. I'm trying to get my scope a little closer to the barrel. I got a Kidd low rail on the way but it's not a true 1913. If it's low enough I will live with it. I'm not using QD rings anyway.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:01 PM
lulucius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal308 View Post
Surefire... is there another great brand of tac flashlight?
Seriously, I like the G2 LED for a weapon light. Its light weight, there are lightweight mounts available (check out V-Tac light mounts) the LED will last a virtual lifetime. Buy from a police supply house and stay away from retail gunshops that cater to those with money to spare. I buy from a gunshop in my area that sells there lights at good prices (~$35 for a G2) and sell the batteries at just above cost ($21 for a box of 12). That beats everything on-line since I dont have to pay shipping.
Besides Surefire, Fenix UC35 is my favorite tactical flashlight. It is one of the daily portable flashlights, mainly because it is compact and easy to carry. The battery life is long and the price is moderate, making it ideal for purchasing multiple flashlights as an emergency.