Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Egorxx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TC hawken Silver Elite

Hey guys new here just got onto the BP scene and was searching for a Silver Elite came across old wolfs old post about the one he used to have and I’m looking for one of anyone sees one in a shop let me know thanks or knows someone looking to unload
Old 11-04-2019, 08:40 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
T/C made some really nice, traditional black powder rifles. I have some of the Hawkens and a Renegade.

The one you are looking for is fairly rare.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:56 PM
eastbank
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
mine is the cougar(.50) model(bottom rifle) and sure is a fine rifle, the top is a big boar .58 also a fire rifle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0044 (2).jpg (561.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0048 (2).jpg (559.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0047 (2).jpg (553.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by eastbank; 11-05-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2019, 10:09 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egorxx View Post
Hey guys new here just got onto the BP scene and was searching for a Silver Elite came across old wolfs old post about the one he used to have and Iím looking for one of anyone sees one in a shop let me know thanks or knows someone looking to unload
Here are some commas and periods for you to use in your next post. You're welcome.

,,,,,,,,,, ...........
Old 11-16-2019, 10:56 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
So many choices.

The T/C Hawken, and their other models aren’t very original, but they are very well made and they are traditional in style and ignition.

The Inlines are like cheating to get around game laws. A person may as well use a Ruger #1, except they aren’t stuffed from the front.

There are more realistic reproductions, if that is what a person needs.

Please post some pictures and descriptions of any of the more realistic reproductions if you can.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:00 PM
eastbank
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
what TC did was to produce a very good black powder repo at a very good cost that allowed a lot of people enjoy black powder hunting-shooting. at that time where could you find that type of quality for the same dollars? I have three of their small cap lock rifles in .32,.36 and .45 and TC was the only one making them at a good cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0062 (2).jpg (545.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2019, 08:01 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
He's asking about rhe HSE.....not a history lesson on TC or how their wares upset purists.

There were IIRC four versions of TC Hawken. The reg, then the Cougar the Silver Elite and finally the Supreme.

The orig/ reg has brass furniture and patchbox.The Cougar is blued bbl w stainless furniture....and a medallion or patchbox ( cant remember, buddy has one ). The Silvet Elite is all stainless w no patchbox and being newer, has that &$#@*. QLA muzzle.
The Supreme has high polish bluing and thats all i remember about it.

Dont think any came w swivels.
I added them to my Silver Elite. Shot my avatar buck with it too. 3 bucks, a doe and a coyote.....retired it.

Neat looking. Temperamental. Worst TC Ive had.

Bought mine new in box for 315 back in 96. Everybody wanted in lines then. Think mfg was 95 though
Old 11-19-2019, 08:05 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Read someplace they made 500 of the Silver Elite. Only avail in .50 cal.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:11 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
BTW I have seen Ruger #1s stuffed from the front. Used to be a shop I n Indiana known for em. Seen other places do em too.

Caplocks are fun but if youre a good hunter any boom stick is cheating. In lines are safer IMHO. Can remove charge without pulling, most have dual safeties.

Not quite sure why the hate of them.

Could see a general dislike of BP though. It is a PITA.

Ive shot some high dollar customs and a bud does pretty nice work himself.

Used to think it cool. Now i hate em all LOL. Froze my arse off late season way too many times